Chapter 15

Abhimanyu

1  month, 3 days and 7 hours. 

That's how long it's been since Abhimanyu held Akshara's hand, hugged her tight and kissed her senseless. 

Over the past one month, Akshara took great care of her family while Ayaan worked hard on his course. 

Abhimanyu was loaded with work considering he had missed out on a lot and at the same time, he terribly missed Akshara.

She promised him that she would come back to Mumbai really soon and so, here he stands at the airport, pacing around restlessly as her flight showed a delay of one hour. 

He waits for half an hour and then curses under his breath as he realises that the 'half an hour' had in reality been just 4 minutes!

Finally, after a long and painful wait, he hears the announcement and watches as Akshara runs towards him. He too runs and meets her mid-way as she jumps in his arms and he swirls her around before setting her down on her feet and planting a kiss on her forehead. 

They hear the deafening sounds of camera flashes as the media swamps the area hoping to find the perfect gossip for the next day's paper.

xx

Akshara steps into the private elevator leading up to Abhimanyu's penthouse and feels nervous all of a sudden. 

When Abhimanyu had told her that they would be living together, she was not surprised at all. Afterall, if Abhimanyu lets her stay away from him, he wouldn't be Abhimanyu!

But now, as she steps into the lavish living room, the brown furniture perfectly complimenting the white walls, she knows that it's happening for real. 

"I know it's dull, just like my life was" he whispers "But now, like me, even this house is yours and you can make all the changes that you like to make it our home" he smiles and pulls her into a warm hug. 

Akshara entered the bedroom wherein she saw a huge closet already full of clothes, footwear and other accessories for her. The bathroom had a separate shelf that had every product that she uses, only highlighting how much attention Abhimanyu pays to every little thing related to her. 

But the most surprising element is the huge frame hanging on the master wall with their picture that was published in the newspaper after Mr. Sabarwal's party. 

"Do you like it?" Abhimanyu hugs her from behind. 

"I love it" she kisses his cheek. 

"I have something else for you" Abhimanyu picks up an envelope from the table and hands it to her. 

She looks at him questioningly and then tears it open to find a letter. 

"Oh My God! You did not-" She reads the letter that gives details of her admission to an MBA College! 

"But Abhi, why did you-"

"Because your dreams are my dreams Akshara and I'm not a man who doesn't fulfill his dreams, you see" he grins. 

She hugs him tightly as her head rests on his chest "I missed you baby" 

xx

Akshara

"But where are we going?" Akshara says as Abhimanyu ties a silk cloth to cover her eyes. 

A few hours ago, she found a beautiful red dress on the bed with a note that said "Will you go on a date with me, please?" 

And then exactly at 8pm, Abhimanyu walked into the room wearing a black suit, looking more handsome than ever, if that's even possible!

He stopped the car when they were close to their destination and then covered her eyes.