Chapter 9

Abhimanyu

I will bring you back Akshara...

But there's something that I need to do before that...

Abhimanyu picks up the phone and dials a number "Hello, it's me... Can you meet me... yes, right now" 

He picks up his car keys and walks out of his office, determined to change everything that ever went wrong...

xx

"I can't believe you called me" the woman says as Abhimanyu walks up to her... "and this place...." she looks around at the park, the swing was now replaced by a better, modern version...

"It's the place where we ended everything..." Abhimanyu whispers.

"You ended everything... for me, you are still my Abhi" she smiles teary eyed.

"I- I just called to say..." Abhimanyu tries to speak. 

"I'm your mother Abhimanyu, you don't need to hesitate in front of me" she says.

"Mother" Abhimanyu laughs mockingly. "I don't think I can call you that, ever again..."

A tear rolls down the woman's eye...

"I fell in love with a beautiful, beautiful woman" Abhimanyu speaks up "one of her own kind... she's as perfect as anyone could ever be...but I ruined it all..." Abhimanyu looks at the woman with tears in his eyes "I ruined it because my past didn't let me value my present and my future..."

The woman stays quiet...

"I've called you here to say that I forgive you... not because I believe you've changed...but because I want to change! I'm tired of being a bitter person, I'm tired of being this lifeless object that feels nothing, that trusts nobody and that is too afraid to even admit that he's in love!" 

"She must really be perfect" the woman smiles sadly.

"She is... and obviously, this is something that everybody noticed... and some men even acted upon it...

She's beautiful and kind and the kind of woman that only the luckiest man would deserve...

So when a few men tried to be that lucky man, I lost my shit...

When I saw her with any of them, I didn't see her...

I saw you! 

It reminded me of how you left dad for another man! 

You left him and you left me and you went away with this other guy and you broke our home!

Because of you dad went into depression and he lost his life! 

You took away my family, my home, my everything!" Abhimanyu starts crying...

"When I saw her with those men who wanted to have her, I felt the same emotions all over again... I felt like someone was taking away my home and my everything from me again...

And then, being a total idiot, I took out my anger on her! I treated her so badly that she left me... just like I deserved!" 

The woman walks up to him and wipes his tears "Son, I'm sorry... I know I've said this a hundred times and it doesn't make any difference to you but trust me, I really am sorry for everything that happened... 

I made a few decisions for myself and I may have been selfish but that does not mean I didn't love you..." She too starts to cry.

Abhimanyu speaks up "I realised that for her to forgive me, I need to forgive myself... and for that, I need to forgive you...