Chapter 13

Akshara

Akshara runs to the corridor but finds that Abhimanyu is missing from the usual spot. She checks every other place, her body aching from the exhaustion, but she continues nonetheless. 

As she comes back outside her father's room, she finds Ayaan on the bench, looking like he's about to cry.

"Ayaan, baby, what's wrong?" She kneels down.

"He left, di" Akshara immediately gets up as she realises who he's talking about "He came to see papa, had a word with the doctor and then called me outside, he said he's leaving because it's for the best and that I should take care of everyone, especially you" 

A tear rolls down Akshara's cheek but she immediately wipes it "How long ago did this happen?" 

"Not long, 10 minutes at max" 

"Ayaan, take care of everything here, I need to go right now" 

Ayaan smiles and nods "Go, get him di" he grins and Akshara runs to the exit. 

She calls up Abhimanyu over and over again but he doesn't pick up. 

Come on Abhi, you've held on for so long, please don't give up on me, on us!

As she reaches the exit, she steps into the heavy rain, soaking her up completely. 

She looks around but Abhi is nowhere to be found.

She walks around directionless, nothing even minutely giving her an idea of where Abhimanyu is but something in her heart tells her to keep going on.

After walking for two more minutes, she sees someone at a distance, someone who like her, seems to be walking towards no destination. 

"Abhiii" she screams out but the heavy rain soaks up her voice. 

She runs faster and screams louder "Mr. Abhimanyu Birla!" 

All of a sudden everything stops as Abhimanyu turns around and looks at an equally distraught Akshara walking right towards him.

Abhimanyu

"Akshara..."

Akshara runs towards him but just 5 steps before reaching him, she stops. 

"You can't go away Mr. Abhimanyu Birla" she screams "At least not without hearing what I have to say" she pants heavily and Abhimanyu looks down at the ground, watching the water droplets hit the ground. 

"I hate you" she screams and his eyes immediately look up to her in shock. 

She takes a step towards him "I hate you for how you made me feel..."

"Aksh-"

"Shh... it's my turn to speak."

With every step towards him, she lets go of the burden on her heart,

"I hate you for how you made me feel like I'm the one person who can bring you back to life. 

I hate you for how you treated me like I deserve nothing but the best of things in the world.

I hate you for how you cared more about me than you did about yourself.

I hate you for how much you love me, so much that it hurts. 

I hate you Abhi for making me love you so much."

She cups his face "I love you Abhi for everything I just said and a million reasons more. I love you Abhi for things I can't explain. I love you Abhi for every reason possible and no reason at all. I just love you Abhi" she says as tears stream down her face and Abhi's, mixing with the raindrops.