Chapter 11

Akshara

As Akshara reaches the hospital, a nurse rushes to her...

"Akshara, your father has woken up, he is looking for you" she beams. 

Tears of joy fill up Akshara's eyes as she runs to her father's room.

She finds Ayaan and her mother crying as they hug her father...

"Papa..." she runs to him and hugs him as he tries to get up "Please don't get up right now, you need to rest" she says, wiping her tears.

"Princess, you're here" he cries "I was afraid I won't ever get to see you again" 

"Don't say such things papa" she cries...

The four of them hug each other and cry for a long time...

"Okay beta, now I'll stay here with your father, take Ayaan home with you, you both need rest" her mother says. 

Akshara nods and takes Ayaan with her...

"Ayaan, let me just have a word with the doctor, wait for me here" she leaves him in the corridor...

After the doctor updates and reassures her about her father's progress, she comes back to Ayaan only to find him laughing and playing with someone...

Her world stops for a moment as she sees two of the most important men in her life, giggling and laughing together...

She watches as Abhimanyu high-fives and Ayaan responds with equal enthusiasm...

"Ayaan" she regains her composure and calls out "What's happening?" she ignores Abhimanyu and walks up to Ayaan.

"Di, I was talking to your friend" Ayaan smiles.

Akshara looks at Abhimanyu and gives him a death stare "What are you doing here?" she whispers angrily. "Abhimanyu, I've had enough, I told you to go-"

"Di, he was helping me, don't scold him!" Ayaan says. "I started coughing badly and he came running to me and gave me water" 

Abhimanyu smiles at him and Akshara's anger wears down..

"Ahm... thanks" she takes Ayaan's hand and walks away.

"Di, he's your friend, right? I saw you talking to him earlier..." Ayaan says. 

"Ayaan, let's just go home!" she starts walking faster. 

"Ohhh... is he your boyfriend?" Ayaan teases her. 

"Shut up Ayaan!" she rebukes him.

"Come on di, I'm younger to you but I'm not a kid, you're angry at him, aren't you?" 

Akshara remains silent. 

"Did he hurt you? Because if he did, I'm gonna punch him so hard, he'll cry!" 

Akshara laughs sadly as she looks at her protective little brother...

As they reach the exit, they see that it's raining heavily...

Akshara tries to book a cab but is unable to find one.

She hears a horn behind her and turns around to see Abhimanyu waiting in his car...

"Akshara, it's getting late, let me drop you both home" 

Akshara ignores him and continues to look for an auto or cab.

The door opens and Abhimanyu steps out in the rain and walks up to them...

"Akshara please, let me do this at least... you won't find a cab anytime soon" he pleads.