02 | encounter

【梅の花の柱】

ENCOUNTER▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

ENCOUNTER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

As years have passed, at the age eight-year-old. The perfect age to train a toddler body. His hair now was long enough to tie in a ponytail. Although for now, he was accompanying Ubuyashiki and his wife, their kids were staying in their estate to study at the age of one year old.

His hair was swaying by the cold breeze and their surroundings were covered in soft white snow. They were wearing warm clothes that is enough to counter the cold. Even when it's winter, Ubuyashiki never failed a single time to visit here.

They were visiting the cemetery, Ubuyashiki remembers every single member of the corps and visits the deceased members daily. Chung Myung always accompanies him to support his footing.

"Haruo, I remember you insisting to visit the Butterfly Estate again." Ubuyashiki started, making Chung Myung turn to meet his gaze.

He hummed and nodded, "I want Kanae-san to show me the Flower Breathing."

"Are you planning to learn the Flower Breathing?" He genuinely asked.

"I'm curious about their swordsmanship." Chung Myung replied as Ubuyashiki gave him a hum.

He felt a presence nearby, they seems desperate sensing how they were running quickly. He stood on guard even when the bright sun is up but he felt at ease and eyed them suspiciously when he saw the Kakushi.

"Oyakata-sama, I am here to inform you that Himejima Gyomei has defeated 50 demons," he said, bowing not meeting his gaze.

Chung Myung remembered the man named Gyomei, he was the one who Ubuyashiki saved. So he became a Hashira after two months, huh?

"That's wonderful. Call Gyomei and gather the other Hashira's for a meeting." Ubuyashiki said with a genuine smile.

"I can go now, right Oyakata-sama?" Chung Myung perked up.

"Yes, you may be excused. Be back before sunset." he reminded and give one of the flowers of wisteria to Chung Myung.

"Got it!" He replied with a wide smile and run off.

After running off several miles and reaching the Butterfly Estate, he saw Aoi helping the injured ones.

"Aoi! Where's Kanae-san?" He called out, walking to her with his arms on his back as he observed the injured people.

"Probably with Shinobu-san," she replied to him as she paid attention to the one who is injured.

Then he started his way to the training room, but they were not there, he saw one of the assistants and ran in front of them.

"Hey! Where's Kanae-san?" He called out, making the girl flinch at the sudden shout, and replied to him frightened, "T-they're at the room where they treat people..."