Chapter 46: Staying in France

America
When the power went out at Daphne's ball everyone started to panic.

The few kids that were there started to scream and the adults didn't know what to do or where to go.

Eventually Daphne yelled out to the crowd.

"Everyone please stay where you are and calm down. I have just been informed that this storm is a snow storm and it would be very dangerous to try to leave at the moment. We have generators that should be turned on momentarily and then everyone will be showed to a room for the night. Thank you."

At her words I slump into Maxon's arms in relief.

Within ten minutes the lights came on and everyone started heading towards their rooms.

"We'll head out as soon as the storm dies down enough to fly home," Maxon says reassuringly as he unbuttons his suit jacket.

I nod and get ready for bed so I can lay down, it has been a long and tiring day.

"Maxon, how long do you think the storm will last," I ask.

"I'd say it will be safe to leave around lunch time tomorrow."

I wonder what we'll spend the day doing tomorrow.

*next morning*

I awoke to see a beautiful dress laid out for me to wear today.

One of my maids must have packed an extra dress just in case and I'm glad they did.

The blue gown laying out is light and shimmery

The blue gown laying out is light and shimmery. My maids must have spent a good amount of time on the detailing on the bodice.

The dress is truly magnificent, yet not over the top.

"You look stunning this morning," Maxon says placing a kiss on my forehead once I'm ready.

"Why thank you," I say giggling.

We walk downstairs hand in hand to have breakfast with everyone.

Breakfast was amazing, there was a large spread of food and good company.

After breakfast I took a walk around the castle with Daphne and then it was time to go.

"Thank you so much for having us, and congratulations on the new heir," I said squeezing Daphne in a hug.

"Any time. Can't wait to hear about yours hopefully it will be soon and we could have kids that are close," she says winking at me.

Maxon just smiles and takes my hand leading me to our private plane.

"I can't wait until we have children to announce either," he says placing a kiss on my lips.

Sorry I know it's been like a year but I haven't been as obsessed with it recently. There will be one more chapter, this was just a filler for the Christmas one. Thanks for reading!