Chapter 2: Meeting with the King

Edited

America
I wake up to Maxon kissing me.

I then realize that this is my first morning at the palace since I became a princess.

I roll over and smile at Maxon, but instead of seeing him smile back he looks worried about something.

"Maxon what are you worried about?"

"Well I'm just worried about why my father actually came to your door last night."

I had been able to tell he wasn't there to tell us to meet with Amberley, but I hadn't thought  about it since he left.

"Why do you think he came Maxon?"

"I'm not sure but I don't want you to meet him alone."

I hadn't even thought about him possibly wanting to talk to me alone.

"I promise I will do everything I can to avoid him."

"Thank you America."

As soon as Maxon finishes speaking my maids rush into his room and start taking me away.

I really don't want to leave Maxon but I know I have to get ready for the day.

In my room my maids have already started my bath and picked out my clothes.
———————————————————————
America
Stepping out into the hall I notice Maxon standing there waiting for me.

"Wow America you look..."

I then cut him off with a kiss.

I could feel him smiling against my lips and then we had to stop to take a breath.

I love breakfast and I'm excited to see Queen Amberley.

She even told me I could call her mom.

At the same time though, I'm nervous for breakfast since that means King Clarkson will be there.

I think Maxon can sense my hesitation because he squeezes my hand and kisses me on the cheek.

I guess we might as well get this over with.
———————————————————————
Maxon
I know America is kind of nervous going into the dining room, I can only assume it's because my father will be there.

I decide to squeeze her hand and kiss her on the cheek and that seems to relax her a little.

While I wish I could stay with America all day, I have a meeting right after breakfast and she has her own duties as the princess of Illéa.
———————————————————————
After breakfast
America
As breakfast is ending Maxon has to leave to attend a meeting.

I think I'll spend my day sitting in the women's room doing whatever is needed of me.

I'm about to get up and leave but King Clarkson says my name.

I'm now really confused as to what he wants and Maxon isn't here to back me up since he's in a meeting.

"America would you please join me in my office for a meeting in ten minutes?"

I really want to say no but I can't say no to the king.

"Yes your majesty."

"Very well then I'll see you in ten minutes, and don't be late."

With that he got up and left.

"I wonder what that was about.", Queen Amberley said.

I really don't know so I shrug and excuse myself to go to King Clarkson's office.

I'm really nervous, I know Maxon wouldn't want me to go but I can't think of a way out of this and even if I did I'm sure he would just reschedule my visit.

Before I can even knock on the door he comes and opens it.

Looking around his office it doesn't look like I have anything to be worried about so I relax a little and take a seat.

I'm still nervous about what he will have to say though but I never expected my visit to start with screaming.

"HOW DARE YOU MARRY MY SON YOU ARE A FIVE AND YOU WILL NEVER BE WELCOME HERE I WILL MAKE YOU HATE YOUR LIFE SO MUCH THAT YOU WILL WANT TO LEAVE!!! ALSO DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT TELLING MAXON ABOUT THIS OR I WILL CANE HIM TOO!!!!"

No! He didn't say what I just think he said, did he?

Why does he hate me so much, I never did anything to deserve his hatred.

As he's speaking I start crying which makes him smirk at me.

I will do whatever it takes though for him to not touch Maxon.

He has already put Maxon through so much and I will make it through this for him.

King Clarkson is now pushing me to the floor and unzipping the back of my dress.

He's also putting a gag in my mouth so no one will hear me scream.

Now that he's done doing that he's saying that he's going to cane me seven times.

I wonder how Maxon ever made it through this his whole life.

I'm screaming so much and crying so hard that I know my makeup will be ruined.

My dress is probably also ruined because he didn't zip it down far enough so he just keeps ripping it.

As he's striking me for the third time I start to black out.

What will happen next? Will Maxon find America? Will anyone know what happened or will Clarkson make sure no one ever finds out? Please comment your thoughts on this chapter or any ideas you have for upcoming chapters.

Please follow me and check out all of my stories :)