Chapter 31: Lifting Spirits

America
I woke up to Maxon laying beside me. He was awake, but I guess he didn't want to get up and wake me.

"Good morning my Royal Husbandness."

"Good morning darling, are you ready for the full day ahead?"

"I'm as ready as usual," I said. Maxon chuckled at my comment and then got up to get ready for the day.

I put on a simple dress and walked into Maxon's office. We were going to finalize what to say on the Report so we can tell the whole country about our new project idea.

"Is your part of the speech done," I asked Maxon.

"Yeah, I just finished going over it."

I'm excited for our new project, we plan on having a photography competition and there will be a lottery so a family can come have dinner with us.

I hope the country approves the idea. We decided upon starting this because Maxon loves photography and we wanted to do something that was fun but had meaning.

             ~~~Later that day~~~

I'm getting ready for the Report now. My maids never cease to amaze me with each new dress they make. Today's dress is blue with flowers on the skirt and lace over part of the top.

 Today's dress is blue with flowers on the skirt and lace over part of the top

"Wow, America you look stunning," Maxon says as I walk out of my room.

"Why thank you Your Majesty," I say mock curtsying.

Arm in arm we walk together to the Report room. This will be our first original idea like this since we became the King and Queen.

"Good evening Illéa," Gravil says. "Today we have our wonderful King and Queen joining us to tell us about their latest project for the country."

This is it, I'm actually nervous now. I squeeze Maxon's hand as we walk up to the podium.

"Hello Illéa, today Queen America and I will be presenting our newest project to you all," Maxon said.

I guess it's my turn to start speaking now.

Maxon squeezes my hand to encourage me as I begin speaking. "What King Maxon says is true. Before we tell you all what our idea is, we would like to tell you how we came up with it. Right after my birthday Maxon and I had a photo shoot, Maxon loves photography and always has so he took some pictures also. While he can't do photography for a living, he can still enjoy it in his free time. We wanted our project to lift your spirits and we wanted it to be fun."

"Therefore our newest idea was to have a country wide photography contest. We will have one photo represent each province and then you all will get to decide who the overall winner is. To enter the contest, you will have to pay a small fee. The winner will get to choose an organization for the money made from the contest entry fees to go to. There will also be a lottery, if you enter the contest your name will go in a drawing to have dinner with Queen America and myself. In order to choose the winner of each province Queen America and I will be taking a trip around the provinces, Maxon said."

"We will be leaving tomorrow starting in Sonage and ending back here in Angeles. If you have any questions regarding the photography contest please contact your local post office," I said ending our speech.

Gravil then wrapped up the Report and Maxon and I left to get ready for bed. Tomorrow is going to be a long day.

Thanks for reading! Please go check out my newest story "The Unwanted Life Of A Princess" and vote. :)