THE STORY OF MEDUSA (edited)

The blond guy also got his three-letter name.

"The last person?" SET called out and Athena walked forward knowing she was the last person.

She walked forward and stopped once she was instructed to do so then she clicked on a letter on her left then decided to click one at the bottom of the keyboard. It made a beep with each contact.

She hesitates her next direction of finger, but then shrugs it off. Her name was Athena, and she knew nothing would change that. Why not play along? So what if she ends up choosing "Eat" as her three-letter name, none of this would matter when she escapes this place.

With that comforting thought, she let her left finger trail and click on whatever it falls on.

She opened her blindfold to see the name she had made. Although it didn't matter, she was still hoping it wasn't another bad name like a lot of them there'd had.

Unwrapping the blindfold, she blinks her eyes to clear her vision. Peering into the screen, she holds her breath as she sees her new name written before her in bold letters.

EVE

"Oh wow, how lucky you are. It's an actual name, you know?" said a woman from the crowd of people.

Athena was thankful it wasn't a bad name and nobody would refer to her as "Eat" or some other gross name, but she still tells herself that nine of this matters.

"So what?" She rolled her eyes. "The name doesn't matter cause that's not who I am. It's just so these Eradicators could properly address me until I get myself out of here," Athena sassily remarked.

"She's right. Once you get out of here, those names will be null until we meet again," SET agreed aloud.

"So we'll actually be getting out of here? You weirdos will let us go?" the blond guy asked.

"Yes," SET simply answered.

Athena stares at SET thoughtfully.

"What do you mean by '...until we meet again'? If we leave here, we'll never meet again. Actually the best thing, 'cause I will get you arrested if we ever cross paths."

"If you're still that angry, then be assured you won't be leaving here at all."

A voice echoed across the room that causes their heads to whip around, just in time to notice a man walking in through the only door in the room.

He was dressed in the same uniforms as the rest of the men with the jackets that had a woman with snakes for hair.

He had rolled his sleeves rolled up to reveal some tattoos on his arms.

"So these are the trainees?" The man chuckles, asking no one in particular as his eyes sweep through the crowd.

"Who are you?" the black girl asked, scrutinising him with unhindered anger.

The man chuckled again.

"Dispositions! I love that about us humans, but those would be put in check here," he said in reply, walking towards SET.

"Now you can all reveal your name tags," said the man, offhandedly.

Set nodded stiffly then walked up to Athena, tapping slightly above her chest before she can interject. A tag with her name hovers above her. The rest of them, stunned, quickly helped themselves in repeating SET's gesture and, as expected, the same hover name tags appear above each of them.

"Back to your question," the man taps his chest while pointedly looking at the dark-skinned girl. A name tag equally appears with an unbelievable name. The man grins as he gestures to the name tag now hovering above him like the rest of them.