RULES

"Well, at least no one can say I didn't warn you." DAD chuckled.

Everyone was quiet focusing their gaze on anything but not what was on their mind.

He sighed and put his hands in his pockets, "I can see how devastated and shaken you all are, and believe me, I'd like to be more understanding but I can't. You all almost died back there..." A sob filled the room, "because you all know nothing. You have no training or equipment to fight." DAD took in a deep breath before continuing, "You have to abide by our rules now if you want to be safe and continue staying here."

With his last sentence, everyone looked at him but remained silent.

"This place will protect you as long as you follow our rules and stay within its walls. You'll stay here till you're fully trained and can slay a real Medusa and not a," he turns to look at EHB, "simulation."

He walked closer to where everyone was gathered, sitting on the floor, his hands still in his pocket. "Those simulations were not meant to mess with anyone but to show you what you're dealing with. It's to help you understand but unfortunately, you had to see your fellow trainees die first."

"Now for the rules, you'll be given in a moment but I can assure you they aren't much or unreasonable. It's for everyone's safety actually. But I must warn you, failure to follow the rules or breaking them will have you serve a punishment."

"What punishment is that?" ROG asked.

"You'll be locked up in a room with a Medusa." He answered and everyone gasped.

"So everyone has two choices right now; stay and accept the rules or leave and hope you survive. It's that simple."

ROG buried his face in his palms while SOX ran his hands through his hair in frustration.

"Damnit." ANT spoke up, "Meaning we don't have a choice. We're stuck here."

"Is that a bad thing? Everyone here is in your position right now and we agreed to follow the rules. Here we are today, alive and fine. Strong and equipped. We can protect ourselves and loved ones now."

"Loved ones?" Athena repeated, "That's right. We have families! Where are they? Are they safe?" Athena asked curiously, her heart pounding inside her ribcage, scared of what she'd hear.

"Unfortunately, we don't know. They could be safe and protected by the government or they may have already turned to stone, died from starvation, or committed suicide. We are in an apocalypse."

Someone let out a sob but she covered her mouth so her cry was muffled but since the room in silent, her muffled cry was heard regardless.

"We could have known," Athena spoke up again.

"What?" DAD asked.

"What happened to our families? We could have known if you didn't take our memories. Would we ever get it back?"

"Of course, dear. Everyone will get theirs back. Actually, we don't have to give it to you, you all will remember eventually and gradually. After the training, your families will be looked for if there's still a chance and you can see them again but when you start remembering anything, let us know so we can help you regain it quickly."

"You all need to remember that we are on your side. We are also at the risk of getting petrified by Medusa and we are all fighting. And we all have loved ones. The system of this place may seem weird now but in time, you'll all understand why everything is the way it is. "

"I'll use myself as an example. I had nothing to fight for except for myself. Knowing that from the beginning would have made me weak. Thinking I had the chance to see a loved one and protect them made me give the training my all. Now, I fight now because of the fifty-fifty chance of meeting a loved one but for my life, to avenge them and for those who still need me. For you all right now."