ESCAPE (edited)

Note: I changed Ming Zhu to Athena so if you see Ming Zhu, know it's the saw person I'm narrating.

"Well, follow me," Dad ordered and everyone followed behind him like he was their leader.

At this point Athena had lost most of her confidence and was shaking.

The Medusa creature could not possibly be real, right? she thought to herself.

Everything wasn't looking good for her. Her stomach formed nuts and she felt like puking. As everyone followed, she stopped to look at the projected screen.

She swiped back the pictures to the woman with snakes for hair.

She looked terrible and reptilian, like a green snake.

Athena kept looking at it, and the more she stared, the more dizziness she felt. She kept staring into the creature's eyes.

They were green and looked so inhumane.

"Hey! Why are you always behind?" The blond boy called out to her and she snapped out of it and followed everyone else with little hesitation.

A door had opened up for Dad and everyone passed through it, following him.

Passing through the door, it shut immediately she had stepped out successfully. She looked around and registered that they were in a hallway.

A long hallway with one path - no other rooms or paths visible - only straight ahead which Dad went.

If anyone had thought of escaping, there was nothing to do now.

They followed him silently until they reached what appeared to be the end of the hall.

But it wasn't the end. A door opened once he was five feet away from the wall.

He stepped through and those behind him followed after him. As soon as they started to flood in, screams were heard.

"What is this?" someone exclaimed and those who were yet to enter felt alarmed. Athena was especially frightened now.

She wanted to leave the place immediately. Her heart raced rapidly. If she had ever been curious about this place, that had long been dumped behind.

The screams she heard kept echoing in her head, and whatever it was that made them scream, it was one of the things she was sure she did not want to find out.

Her body trembled with every passing second. Telling herself none of this was real, and that it was one big hallucination, was one way Athena adopted to comfort herself.

She took a step back. She couldn't keep being led by the nose. The hall was devoid of light, and there was definitely no guns pointed at her. With no eyes on her, she continuously retracted her steps.

The blond guy felt her sudden absence and turned back to her with the little light his vision could squeeze out of the darkness. She stopped, overwhelmed by sudden panic.

His eyebrows went up as realisation dawned on him. He shook his head, but Athena nodded in resolve. She did not want to remain in there, and she had no reason to hesitate, especially not when no one was watching.

If the blond guy did not agree, then it was not her problem, if they were all so curious to see what was at the other side then she wasn't. She had lost any curiosity and was opting out.

Before the blond guy could do anything, she made a run for it.

"Hey, stop! There's no other way! I've checked!" he shouted after her, but she ignored him and kept on running ahead.