OUTSIDE THE INDESTRUCTIBLE GLASS DOOR

This chapter is dedicated to Promoting_Books

"Alright, everyone settle down!" DAD called for their attention.

Everyone turned to him then they rushed towards him and begged him to let them leave.

"It's late. This time, everyone needs to sleep. Tomorrow is a long day." He simply said then the lights went off again, earning screams from everyone.

DAD left them there to battle with their fears while they left them in the room together.

Everyone screamed when someone slightly bumped into each other, fear still laced in their heart.

"Please, you've got to believe us. That Medusa really came and turned us into stone. She'll come back! Please let us out." WHI cried by the door but their pleas were ignored as DAD and SET watched them from the surveillance cameras.

EHB sat in a corner and she was trembling as she thought she had come back from the dead. Everything seemed so real to her, especially the fact that she stabbed someone.

Safe to say, no one was sleeping again.

*****

The next morning, everyone was looking terrible like zombies. Bags under their eyes from getting no sleep at all.

When the door opened, they were too tired and scared to even do anymore much less, escape.

"I see y'all are filled with energy." DAD laughed at his own joke. Nobody dared to talk to him. "Tough crowd this morning. What happened to our vibrant trainers of yesterday?" He asked.

Athena still had her face buried in between her knees, she was scared throughout the night thinking she'd look up and meet the eyes of Medusa.

"Are your spirits down? Are you scared? Do you finally understand what we are talking about?" DAD suddenly shouted, getting everyone's eyes on him.

"Do you all finally get it? Do you?!" He asked again and a young woman with brown messy hair and hazel eyes burst out crying. Her cheeks already had lines of tears which she earned from crying throughout the night.

"I do." She forced herself to answer between sobs. "I do. I'm so scared." She got down on her knees and put her hands together, facing DAD, she begged, "Please I'm not meant to fight those things, I can't do it. Just let me go."

"Yes, please. We beg of you." A man seconded and got on his knees as well. Soon all the women, Athena included were on their knees.

"What are you doing?" Athena shouted at SOX who still wasn't on his knees. "Is pride really more important than your lives?" She directed at everyone who still wasn't on their knees, looking at them one by one,

"Beg for your lives. We can't fight them! Please, we've got to get out of here, I can't die like this." WHI added.

ROG got on his knees after that and began begging. Soon everyone in the room was begging DAD to set them free except EHB who was still sitting in a corner by herself, replaying what had happened to her the previous night, over and over again, in her head.

"You all want to leave?" DAD asked and he was immediately answered with a 'yes' from all corners. "Alright then, leave." He permitted then he stepped out of the way.

Everyone stopped wailing, shocked to hear that from him. Athena had intended to beg until she was set free but she didn't expect their wish to be granted this quickly.

"What?" She asked.

"I said leave. Like, get out." DAD responded with a nonchalant behavior, he pointed at the door which led to a long narrow hallway, and at the end of it, trees could be seen. "That's the way out. Don't you want to leave?"

"Just like that?" Athena asked again.

"Hey don't jinx this!" The young woman who had been crying before shouted at Athena.

"But this seems suspicious. Why is he suddenly just letting us go?" Athena tried to reason with her.

"That's true." Some people nodded in agreement.

"Well, maybe he realized just how useless we all are. We can't kill that thing and it was evident yesterday so they're letting us go." She argued back. "If y'all not going, I am." With that, she rushed towards the door but WHI blocked her path and pushed her back.

"Why?!" She shouted at WHI and got up, trying to run out the door again but WHI didn't let her through.

"Don't be stupid and get yourself killed. This could be a trap!" She shouted at her face and she screamed as she collapsed to the floor, sobbing. WHI bent down close to her and placed a hand on her shoulder, "I want to get out of here too. I want to leave this place but alive. We need to leave alive."

"So... Does that mean nobody wants to leave again?" DAD asked, pointing at the door.

"What's this game you're playing?" ROG snapped at him.

"There's no game here, that's the way out. If you get closer, the indestructible glass door locking us in will open up letting you out." DAD informed him. From the look on his face, Athena could tell he wasn't lying.

"Why do you lock yourself in this place with an indestructible glass door?" SOX asked the exact question that was lingering on Athena's mind.

"Why don't I show you."

DAD escorted everyone through the hallway until they were at the entrance.

Athena stared in shock at the view. Ever since she got there, all she ever wanted was to find the entrance to this place and escape but now that she's close to it, she prefers staying within the walls, and from the look on everyone's faces, they all were thinking the same thing.

In front of them was a beautiful landscape of a waterfall, vibrant green grass, tall trees, a clear sky, and beautiful statues of terrified people.

If Athena hadn't experienced Medusa, she would have just thought of them as just statues but she couldn't push back the dawning feeling as she realized these are actually people who were petrified.

So what do y'all think?

Don't forget to vote, comment and share.

Later.