Chapter 11

everything I've ever done, I want to do with you •

Chapter 11:

It's him. Finally it's him.

And this time I know it's the real him because my heart and body reacts without my permission. My heart beats faster than ever as I watch Sky walk away, going into the school like he didn't even see me. I don't even have time to be angry to question what's going on because of the beating in my chest. It's so hard, I go dizzy.

"What the hell just happened?" I recognize Nile's voice ask but only my body is there. I start moving before I even know it.

"Israel wait," Jamal grabs my hand, stopping me from going any further.

I frown and turn to him, brows furrowed and eyes narrowed. "Let go."

"Wait, you can't just go after him like that."

My lips twitch, it's like I want to smile, even though my eyes sting like I want to cry. "It's him. You saw him."

Mal shrugs, "yeah but he saw you too and he just walked on. Seems a lot suspicious."

I yank my hand off Mal. "It's Sky. It doesn't matter. Maybe he didn't see me."

"But..."

I don't wait for Jamal to finish before I literally take off. My feet bouncing off the floor as I ran, I shove and squeeze through people, not bothering to say any 'excuse me' as my eyes search for him. I see him entering into the principal's office and I don't even think about it and I run after him, grabbing his shoulder right before the door closes.

Sky turns to me, surprised and when his eyes land on me, he squints them in confusion.

I can't even help the big smile on my face anymore. It's impossible to hide and I feel so dizzy and lightheaded, I can't be in my right senses at the moment. "Sky," I breathe out.

He swallows, grey/silver eyes on me and all the memories flash right before my very eyes. I want to hug him but I'm afraid he'd disappear if I do. Is he even real? One thing that's different though, in his cat eyes, is the lack of recognition. Even when I didn't know him, he knew me.

"I'm sorry, I um..." Sky trails off and when he looks like he wants to say something else, the principal interrupts.

"Israel?" I tear my eyes away from Sky and over to her. "Can you give us a moment? Wait for me outside please."

I nod, feeling so confused and lost. It's like being in your room, you can feel it's your room but the bed is stronger, the wallpaper sucks and the reading table has none of your books on it. I start backing away, still looking at Sky and he looks at me too. He looks at me like he's trying to figure me out, except now, he has no idea who I am in the first place.

My wait outside the principal's office is torturous as many different scenarios run through my mind and I try and fail to think sensibly. My legs keep bouncing, I keep chewing my lips and holding back tears. What happened to him? What happened to my Sky? I want to cry, not because I am hurt that he doesn't recognize me but because I am wondering what could have happened that made it so. It must have been bad. He must have been in so much pain and I couldn't do anything about it. He must have been so lonely. The year away must have sucked more than mine did and that's saying a lot.