Chapter 4

"I'm too busy to sleep but I always find time to dream."

Chapter 4

"During the break, I didn't tell you but my dad sent over disownment papers," he looks up at me and back at the remote control in his hands. "Yeah, I didn't even know things like that exist until I saw one in the mail."

I look down at him from where he is sitting cross-legged on the floor, back relaxing on the couch I'm sitting on. Somehow he found the ground more comfortable now. I don't say anything and he continues.

"Like I know we've been severed but I didn't think he'd take it that far, you know." He moves his hands like he doesn't know what to do with them, but then they return to his legs. "Anyway my mum reminded me of it this morning, saying stuff about how St Martin wasn't my name anymore and I should be thinking of a surname change."

Oh.

"What would you change it too?" I ask, trying to picture his name with another surname. I've been so used to St Martin, I don't think another would fit.

"Her family name; Chen."

Louie Chen.

"You don't look Asian," I say instead and clamp my hand over my mouth the next second.

"Ouch Taylor," he looks up at me but he has a small smile. "Do not be scared to finish me off and give the spoils to the birds."

"Sorry," I squeak out, "I didn't really mean that."

"You did and that kind of breaks my heart." He turns so he's facing me a bit. "St Martin isn't my name anymore and I don't look Asian for Chen. Where then do I stand?"

"Don't mind me," I act without thinking, my hand moving to touch his hair. "You're perfectly okay for Chen. Louie Chen, Lou Chen... Has a nice ring to it."

"Argh," he drops his head on my knee. "I actually have two names."

"What and what?"

"My parents couldn't ever agree on something including names so I have two names; Louie St Martin and William Chen."

"William Chen?" I ask, completely surprised.

"Yup, just Liam Chen though," he raises his head just to smirk at me. "Sexy right?"

I pretend to think about it but then I just nod and Lou smiles. His smile is so wide, the edges of his eyes wrinkle up a bit and his cheek bones become so pronounce. He has a rippling infectious smile and I don't think it can ever be faked. Unlike Sky, Lou cannot hide his feelings behind a mask, he wears it clear on his face— good or bad, bold and clear. I'm yet to figure out if that's a good or bad thing.

"No one except my mum and dad and twin know about that, and now you." He pokes my thigh. "It's a secret."

I slap my chest, feigning a super serious soldier face. "And I'd take it with me to my grave."

He laughs and I do too.

"Now you see why I got carried away and got so high." His head returns to my knee.