Blue is the Color of Ice

...the house was trashed, typical of a Friday night. Keith was probably going out for a while. Forrest sighed as he strolled over to the kitchen where he opened a cupboard and grabbed some plastic bags. He began to clean up some of the leftover trash laying around. At least, he sighed heavily, those guys he hung out with weren't there. They gave Forrest the creeps. It wasn't so much like their image itself that gave him an off vibe, they dressed in edgy cleaned-up outfits and hair slicked back and clean (along with the women they brought, ) and dark rings under their eyes. Most importantly, as they laughed and joked around, they always seemed to have a dark look of hunger in their eyes. Yep, you guessed right, it gave Forrest a nauseating feeling, and had to excuse himself to his room every time. Plus they were plain disgusting in his opinion.
Forrest picked up a cup with what looked like beer and something gross inside of it. He gaged. In all honesty, he didn't want to know what they were doing. As he finished picking up many things that made him grateful that he wore gloves while cleaning, he swept and mopped. After a while, now exhausted from all the work he did, Forrest grabbed a beverage and popped open a sad-looking microwave meal before stretching out on a beaten lumpy sofa. Turned on the flat screen to a favorite comedy and relaxed his body releasing himself from the stress of the day.
He soon heard a sharp notification that his meal was ready for consumption before he was interrupted by a buzzing from his phone. He glanced at the screen. His heart raced as he smiled answering the phone, only to hear the most beautiful voice he ever heard in his life speak to him.
"What the crap,"