Blue is the Color of Ice

Welcome,
We're almost to the finish line and I hope you're as excited as I am. I guarantee you won't expect this ending you thirsty simps. Enjoy the last moments of This Chapter. Don't worry there's another up ahead. One that will keep you begging for more. Please support writers who want more in their life,
Link Van Graves

It took some time to straighten up getting the workplace ready, opening their doors as soon as they were finished and ready for the crowd of customers. Forrest worked as a chef in the kitchen and was responsible for the sauces doing other spots as needed. Things were different when he worked a double shift, he felt as if all he was doing was cooking. He was glad when it was over. After cooking for nearly four years, they still got sore when he worked for such a long time. He wasn't sure if he'd ever get used to it. He released a puff of air as he sat in a chair brushing back his sweaty blonde hair. It had indeed been a while since he worked such a long shift in the kitchen. He felt exhausted. Forrest sat with a few other co-workers who talked about the drama of work or their personal lives. They laughed and joked about Forrest's crush as he blushed, immediately triggered over the topic, denying it. They all knew how he felt, he could be an open book.

Some more of the other workers came out bringing a cart of food with them. "Looks like we're having pasta today." They all seemed very excited, especially Forrest, he loved anything pasta related. They all grabbed food they wanted from the cart and talked about how they were happy with the leftovers, eating their dinner together, reminding them of the day as the night rolled over the skies. They commented on how some of them worked throughout the day, getting loud as they praised each other excitedly.Soon after that Carl came over and called Forrest over, they moved somewhat further away from the group. He wasted no time explaining why he pulled him away from their group dinner.
"I'll be quick, Forrest. I just wanted to see if you remembered to bring the keys to the freezer with you."
"Keys?"Forrest repeated, Itching his head.
"Yeah, you know the keys that you used to close the other night. Katrina called you about them last night. You were supposed to bring them back today."
"Crap, I forgot again."
"Damn it, Forrest. I need those keys because Katrina has the other copy. Bring them by tonight, I'm closing the restaurant late and I should be here. Text me when you're on the way so I know."
Forrest mumbled too quietly for his snarky boss to hear.
"Sorry, what was that," Carl was not holding back on the sarcasm.
"Yeah, I was just saying how I'm leaving asap."

Forrest didn't take long to retrieve the keys despite the moment he took pacing outside the home full of anxiety, nervous to see if Keith was having another party. Can't leave out the time he took talking to himself while looking for said keys because he couldn't remember the exact place he left them at. Finally, with a big smile on his face, he grabbed them from the pants he found laying on the ground, ran down the steps, and out the door.
It rained on the way making the air uncomfortably cold. Disgusting, cold, wet, and late nights did not mix well with things that he'd rather not confront, not to mention it slowed him down. He just wanted to go home. This weather was not it.
It was dark when he finally got to the restaurant. An unusual, eerie feeling suffocated Forrest as he looked around turning the light on his phone to see. Ok so maybe he wasn't a fan of the dark. He couldn't help but to fall victim to his weakness shining his light on dark shadows. He didn't think he was going that long, maybe he missed judging how much time he lost.
"Carl, I'm back with the keys," Forrest announced as he started to walk towards the kitchen, thank god the light was still on. "I'm just going to put it away in the office." He really wanted to get out of the nasty weather.

Walking through he noticed something off, the freezer was open. Forrest paused, that was odd, Carl was defiantly a stickler over the rules of his kitchen. He was most certainly not the type to leave it open. He wondered if he didn't realize that he left it open. Forrest took a look inside before shutting it and headed towards the office. Sure it was weird, but he was trying hard to not let his curiosity get the better of him.
A noise came from the direction he was heading that caught his attention. Forrest jumped.
"Ah! Er- you scared me Carl, how long have you been there?" He spotted him standing in front of him. Geez, why was this guy so toxic? "Well anyways, I brought the keys and was going to put them in your office but since you're here, why don't you just take them." Forrest started to step forwards, holding the keys out but he suddenly stopped, slowly lowering his arm. The tension in the air was so thick he nearly choked on the feeling that something was very wrong. It almost seemed like the person in front of him was not Carl at all.