𝟎𝟐. 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐓𝐨𝐩 𝐆𝐮𝐧 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬, 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐆𝐨

𝐉𝐈𝐍𝐗

𝟎𝟐. 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐓𝐨𝐩 𝐆𝐮𝐧 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬, 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐆𝐨

'𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐙𝐎𝐍𝐄

'𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐙𝐎𝐍𝐄. 𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐙𝐎𝐍𝐄.'

( Kenny Loggins,    Top Gun )

________________________

"LIEUTENANT JOHNSON," Admiral Cain rested his hands on his desk as he peered up at her. "Graduated first place at Top Gun, first place in flight school - brilliant pilot, fearless at dogfighting, the very best of the best."

The corners of Juliette's lips quirked up slightly at the compliment, but they turned back into a straight line as she saw the look Admiral Cain was giving her. There was no way he was just complimenting her because he felt like it - she had screwed up, big time.

"Everyone that flies with you comes back worse than they were when they first went into the combat jet," he continued speaking.

"But they always come back, sir." Juliette raised her chin proudly as she defended herself. There had only been one accident so far in her career, and just thinking of it hurt.

"Your reckless demeanor is as appalling as the fact that you have helped with the direct disobeying of orders - worst of all, you lied to me about it," he scolded forcefully.

She shook her head lightly at his commentary, but her posture was still impeccable, with focused eyes that hid how his words cut into her.

"You do realize that Maverick could have been killed?" The admiral pointed out as he looked through her files.

Juliette did realize that - but she didn't want to ponder it much, he was back after all, and he had already gone through a thick grilling from the admiral himself. "I understand, sir. But with all due respect-"

"You will not talk back to me," Admiral Cain warned. He leaned back in his seat for a moment, eyes still surveying her files carefully. "Now, if this were any other time, you would have been grounded for a very long time, Lieutenant."

Juliette furrowed her brows together. "Sir?"

"As you know, I was just on my way to shut down this program for good and send your mentor out of a job," Admiral Cain spoke sharply, and Juliette had to bite the inside of her cheek to refrain from speaking back. "And then a call came in - which ended up saving both of your asses."