𝟎𝟑. 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬, 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐁𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞

𝐉𝐈𝐍𝐗

𝟎𝟑. 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬, 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐁𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞

 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬, 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐁𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞

'𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐓. 𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐀𝐓 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐆𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄. 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐒𝐎 𝐂𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐘 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐀 𝐂𝐔𝐄.'

( Elvis Presley,   Are You Lonesome Tonight? )

________________________

  THE BAR WAS FULL OF PEOPLE. Juliette nearly considered leaving as soon as she arrived. It wasn't the fact that she didn't like to interact with new people - actually, she loved it as it was a means of getting any stress off her shoulders; she could be anyone she wanted to be and no one would notice - but her muscles were tired from the car ride and unpacking her things into the small apartment they had given her, and she still couldn't get her mind off the supposed mission she had been called in for.

  She had decided to just be normal for one night before training started, so Juliette opted for wearing civilian clothes instead of dawning the usual uniform. It seemed as though she was one of the few people who actually had that idea because a group of pilots was already huddled by the pool table and they were easy to spot.

  Juliette recognized some of them from pictures she had seen during her days at Top Gun. Natasha 'Phoenix' Trace, Jake 'Hangman' Seresin, Navy 'Coyote' Machado. Those were just a few of the faces that she found familiar. All Top Gun graduates. 

  The best of the best.

  That was what Admiral Cain had said, and it rang in her mind repeatedly. Now that Juliette looked at the group of people that had no doubt been called in for the same reason she had, she couldn't help but wonder what kind of mission they were sending her on.

  It was only after her eyes strayed from the group of pilots near the pool table that she noticed a very familiar jacket sitting by the bar and talking to someone. Juliette pushed her hands into the back pockets of her jeans as she approached the man, a cough coming from the back of her throat and making the man turn to face her.

  "I see you've already made it to the bar," she raised her brows teasingly, eyes glancing at the beer near his hand.

  Maverick beamed up at her and he quickly stood to engulf her in a tight hug. "I'm damn glad to see you, Jinx. You will not believe the day I've had."