𝟎𝟒. 𝐀 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐎𝐟 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

𝐉𝐈𝐍𝐗

𝟎𝟒. 𝐀 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐎𝐟 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

 𝐀 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐎𝐟 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

'𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎. 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄, 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄. 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐖𝐇𝐘 𝐈 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐖.'

( Elvis Presley,    Are You Lonesome Tonight )

________________________

  JULIETTE WAS RUNNING LATE. She really didn't know how it had happened. Her alarm had been set the last night before she went to bed, and she had gotten up in the morning as soon as it rang. It didn't help that she had decided to make pancakes in her rental apartment after she had woken up - only to find that making the breakfast took up more time than she had initially expected.

  It really wasn't her fault. She had been hungry and craving something before what would likely be a very eventful day.

  Due to her impromptu early morning baking session, she had been forced to get dressed and out the door as quickly as possible - not before leaving some food for Rookie, of course. Her driving had been even more hectic than morning, for Juliette knew she was already in trouble with the navy, and being late to her first mission briefing since they had called her in would surely make things worse.

  She had been directed to the hangar garage, and as her shoes clicked against the floor slightly, Juliette ran her eyes over the twelve backs that were facing her, all sitting down on uncomfortable chairs behind small desks.

  There was an amusingly large United States flag in front of them all, and Juliette saluted it with a smirk as she headed over to where they were. Juliette was about to sit down discreetly at the back when Admiral Simpson saw her walking in.

  "How good of you to join us, Lieutenant Johnson-" he spoke up loudly.

  Juliette paused her walking, a grimace pulling at her features as she winced slightly. All the other heads in the room turned to face her after the Admiral's voice boomed out. She could feel the eyes of the recruits burning into her with curiosity.

  Her head turned slightly and she smirked upon seeing the very man she had been speaking to - and fooling at the bar the last night. Rooster went pale when he saw her, and he instantly felt like an utter idiot. Had she not been nervous from the scolding she was about to get, Juliette would have laughed at the look of surprise on his face.

  "Nearly twenty minutes late," Admiral Simpson added.

  Juliette chuckled nervously under her breath, her teeth digging into the inside of her cheek. "There was traffic," she excused lightly.