𝟎𝟓. 𝐃𝐨𝐠𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝟏𝟎𝟏

𝐉𝐈𝐍𝐗

𝟎𝟓. 𝐃𝐨𝐠𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝟏𝟎𝟏

'𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓'𝐒 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘'𝐋𝐋 𝐃𝐎

'𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓'𝐒 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘'𝐋𝐋 𝐃𝐎. 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒, 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐘𝐎𝐔.'

( Nancy Sinatra,   These Boots Are Made For Walking )

________________________

  "GOOD MORNING AVIATORS," Maverick spoke into the intercom. "This is your captain speaking. Welcome to basic fighting maneuvers. As briefed, today's exercise is dogfighting. Guns only - no missiles."

  Juliette was seated in a small room with the rest of the pilots that were not yet flying, overlooking the strip with all of the jets. She had made small talk with all of them, but what interested her the most at the specific moment was listening to what was happening outside the room.

  If she was going to ensure a spot on the mission, Juliette knew what she needed to do. She would have to learn everything about each and every person flying with her - all of their strengths and weaknesses. And in turn, Juliette would have to hide her own.

  "We do not go below the hard deck of five-thousand feet," Maverick instructed, and Juliette leaned her chin on her hands as she listened carefully. "Working as a team you will have to shoot me down, or else-"

  "Or else what, sir?" Payback asked through his own comms.

  "Or else I shoot back," Maverick replied - Juliette could almost hear the smirk in his voice. "If I shoot either one of you down, you both lose."

  Hangman, who was currently in the room awaiting his turn scoffed under his breath. "This guy needs an ego check."

  "Mav?" Juliette grinned at the absurdity of the comment. "Nah. You just wait and see how good he is. His ego's just fine."

  "Sir let's say we raise the odds a bit?" Payback's voice sounded.

  "How do you suggest we do that?" Maverick asked.

  "Whoever gets shot down first has to do two-hundred pushups," Payback suggested. 

  "Guys-" Rooster spoke lowly.