𝟎𝟔. 𝐀𝐢𝐫𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐞 𝐑𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐲

𝐉𝐈𝐍𝐗

𝟎𝟔. 𝐀𝐢𝐫𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐞 𝐑𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐲

'𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐅𝐀𝐔𝐋𝐓 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐄, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄

'𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐅𝐀𝐔𝐋𝐓 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐄, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄.'

( Mumford & Sons,   Little Lion Man )

________________________

  JULIETTE SAT WITH HER EARS AT THE READY. It was a new day of training and nothing could derail her from her goals. They had practically been carved into her brain the second she stepped foot into Top Gun once more - her mind was set on going to this mission; nothing could derail that.

Maverick was still as tense as ever, and even after some practice sessions, he still hadn't shed any light on what their mission actually called for. Juliette had partially expected him to give her a heads up about what she would have to do, but she was in the dark, just like everyone else.

She had only gotten a couple more opportunities to show off her skills so far - and Juliette didn't know whether people were intimidated or just blatantly scared of how she acted once her helmet was placed atop her brown locks. She figured they were someone in the middle, but it didn't matter to her what people thought of her flying - it never had; not when she knew it always got things done for her. That was all that mattered.

There was something about Juliettes mindset when it came to flying that worked like a well-oiled machine. She would fit her body into the jet and suddenly it as if nothing but the goal she had mattered, she never thought about anything other than the clear objective.

She was certain that people would criticize her for being too focused on the job - for not caring about anything else. Juliettes logic was unmovable though; if she had had something else to worry about, she would have - but that was the thing, Juliette did not have anything else to worry about, therefore her mind was allowed to be a complete blank canvas every time she flew into the skies.

There were some pilots around her that worked in the same way - the same well-oiled machine tactics that she had grown into. But then there were a few that were different. Juliette did not know anyone enough to actually figure out why some people worked in one way and other didn't, but she knew that those who flew with concern and careful thoughts either had something holding them back, or someone beckoning them to come home.

She had neither.

It sounded sad - and maybe it was, maybe it was all too depressing to even comment on. But Juliette didn't mind it. She had minded, once in a blue moon, but now she found it took away any worries she could have - any restrictions that could hold her back.