A Hero's Bandit Massacre - 4

There were obvious traces everywhere, but the process of following it was too lengthy. If I had the physique of my previous lives performing swordsmanship and high level manoeuvres would be a breeze. My pestering thoughts continued while I observed the surrounding forest.

"Is the bandit hideout here?" A rough, bulky, tough-looking man walked in from nearby.

I ducked under a bush in an act to hide.

"It should be, my Trace skill showed two presences guarding an entrance inside the mountain," A man slimmer and of a smaller stature was side by side with the previous person.

'Others? Are they adventurers?'

"Ah~ can we hurry up already?" A woman holding a staff walks from behind them nagging.

Judging based on equipment, they should be a party consisting of a warrior, archer and mage. Those may not be the classes, but it should be an accurate assumption. They also seemed very familiar with each other allowing for an assumption that their teamwork may have been top notch.

"Wait... something's nearby keep your guard up," The Archer's Trace skill activated and he looks in my direction, nocking his arrow into the bow.

Sheep's fallen out of the bag, "Wait I'm here for the bandit hideout too!"

He quickly lowered his weapon and I heaved a sigh of relief.

"Ah yeah? Show us your adventurer ID," The Warrior inched closer.

"I'm not an adventurer, but I need to save my companion!" My acting leaved much to be desired, but it should have done the trick, "I'll even play bait! Just let me save my friend!"

[*Acting* (E+) Skill has been created.]

Neat.

The archer and mage turn toward each other and nod in unison, leaving the warrior in confusion.

"Well, if you're that honest we'll let you in on the plan," The Mage sighs but agrees to help me, "You seem to have the right equipment so it should be fine."

"Thank you very much!" I bow down in a very flustered manner.

"You're a swordsman right? Mind telling us your Swordsmanship rank?" The archer carefully analysed my equipment.

"Yes! My Swordsmanship rank is (C)!" I enthusiastically replied.

"That is quite decent, even better than my highest skill Archery, which is (D+)," In accordance to me he reveals his rank.

"Oi you don't need to tell him something like that," The warrior cuts in abruptly.

"It's fine, he's an honest guy, don't you know me enough to understand? Also, doesn't he seem quite strong?" The Archer explains to Warrior.

"Introduced yourselves? Then lets start the plan," The Mage starts tapping her wand in annoyance.

After such a conversation they reveal their simple but effective plan. As bait I have to lure the bandits to me so the mage can unleash a 'Fireball' and hit them all at once. They assured me that I would not get hit, which does not help the feeling of danger at all honestly. Though, if anything backfires or support is needed, the warrior and archer comes in for support.

Simple enough.

"Before we continue can you tell us your name, mine is Calvin, the warrior there is Burd, and the mage is Ursa," Of course I already knew thanks to being able to view their status boards.

"My name is Haruto, once again let me thank you again!"

"No problem," We do a handshake and grin at each other.