A Hero's Slash of Sacrifice - 6

The atmosphere was horrible, the three others had an awkward mood hanging around them. Everything was packed but their minds weren't. That 'event' which transpired was unexpected even though I may be the cause of it.

"Hey Hero! Can we hurry up!?" She skipped ahead humming to herself, can't she read the mood?

The path we were following was supposedly a road to a town called 'Flandelle.' The scenery down the path was covered with grass, trees, and in the distance I could even see... what is that?

[Haruto, there has been a dimensional distortion nearby, it is advised to not continue walking this path.]

Dimensional distortion?

[A spatial opening which has been forced through unnatural means, a portal from which any being can be released.]

If that is the case then I should heed the advice.

"Hey guys! We should change paths, I can feel a strange air coming from there!" I turn backwards to meet the undead group.

"It's fine isn't it... I can't feel any danger from my intuition skill anyway..." Calvin's head was drooping down as he answered me.

The others nodded and continued walking down. This bid a bad feeling, I needed to protect them but they wouldn't listen. Pushing ahead, a crack in space was visible and a mix of silver and black lightning crackles off of it. The Goddess frowned and hid in a bush farther back. However Ursa takes special notice of it, does she know something?

"That's the beginning of the spell 'Prelude of the Storm'! Get away now!" She yells at full force and runs away from me along with the others.

My feet were planted in the ground, something was too familiar about this...

"HERO! It is time for my revenge, you may have bested me at the battle in 'Gedro'! But this time it will be my victory!" A silver, black, seven feet tall beastman grinned at me from the sky.

"Hero!" The Goddess yells from behind.

My battle sense was ignited according to the flow of my sword arm. The others stared in surprise before readying themselves.

"Where's your divine sword? Don't tell me you lost it!" His clawed gauntlet struck me cleanly as he dropped down from the air, "A bit too slow huh?"

Blood dripped down from my shoulder, but I felt no pain as my confusion overpowered it. 'Silver Reaper' the weakest Demon General from the first ever Hero life I experienced. How is he here?

"No time to think Hero!"

"Kiddo! Why are you just standing there!?" His greatsword clashed against the gauntlets of the Silver Reaper.

"Fire wall!" Ursa chanted from a distance.

Distance was created between us and the enemy.

"Tch, a fire mage, stay out of my fight," He shifted targets and dashed at her immediately.

A glowing green arrow sped towards the reaper at sound breaking speeds, blocking off his destination.

"Wind Enchantment! Tempest Arrow!" Calvin's yell broke out.

The Reaper's arm blasted outwards revealing a gaping hole.

"So you can do damage!" We encircle him at a distance as he laughs maniacally.

The reaper's arm slowly returned to normal, his body cackling in blue and black lightning. That lightning signalled his signature skill [Lightning Blink], however it was always within the sky, that was his weakness, although it's not much of a flaw that can be abused.

"Ursa! Create a fire shield on top of us!" The beastman was already falling from the sky.

Unexpectedly he directly landed in the partially formed fire wall. His burnt fur only increased the craziness he exuded.

"Hah! What a nice sauna!"

As he stood there laughing I leapt without thinking.

My sword clashed with his one hand, and his other met with Burd's sword. Cracks in the ground started forming from the pressure.

"Get away!"

A fire ball was behind the reaper while a tempest arrow formed in front.

"INTERESTING!" He continued laughing preparing to accept all the attacks.

"Fire Ball! Tempest Arrow!" Direct hits, the reaper's body was heavily wounded but it would all slowly regenerate.

"My turn!" His face was right in front of mine, but this was his mistake. I felt it from miles away.

"Double Strike!" His strength which was manifold ours, was deflected with a parry containing two strikes in one. My arms shuddered under his immense power.

"Urgh!"

[*Parry* has reflected some of the damage!]

"Thunder Strike!"

An explosive sword zoomed in on his blindspot. The result was grave, his fur dampened with his own blood.

"Guess I have to be serious..." The voice was suddenly above, but that is what we were expecting.

"Steam explosion!" Ursa's exhausted voice rung out and an explosion of white smoke is released into the air.

Trees could only be launched and split into pieces as the body launched into the forest.

"Arrow Rain!" Groups of arrows heaved from the air into the battered reaper stuck on collapsed wildlife.

"'Slow' you called us? Then you're too predictable!" I spat on the ground in triumph.

Our knees bellowed, and we crumbled under the pressure.

"Hah... nice one guys, especially you Haruto, thanks for taking charge," Calvin's voice reeked with exhaustion.

My eyes then widened in horror amidst the returning peace,

"Don't-!"

Lightning crackled above Calvin, his face covered in shock.

"Everybody Run! Haruto, I can still fight so get out!"

His body was bruised all over and yet he claimed to be fine. In the midst of the chaos a memory flashed within my mind, the last time I fought him.

'This is my last chance.'

[*Destined Hero* (?) Has activated.]

Power surged through my body, light was emanating from my mana, and I stood up.

"Sacrificial Light PULSE!"

My words were familiar, my body acted on auto pilot. Within the air a presence resembling the might of a God was felt. The swing of my sword generated an arc of pure light magic covered in divine essence. It was the complete counter to any demon.

"This is your end."

"Impossible! How did you-" The words of the 'Silver Reaper' disappeared as he disintegrated into ash, enveloped in a warm light.

"Hero are you okay!?" The Goddess ran out and caught my falling body.

[How naive, the expelled Goddess raising a 'Hero'? Yet it couldn't even beat fodder of this level.]

"You! Argh- never mind! Hero stay awake!" Her voice contained deep hostility.

Slowly I couldn't hear anything, my body slowly shut down, eventually my vision did too.