A Hero's Sudden Clash - 9

Multitudes of adventurers passed by me each second, it had to be a city just for them. Yet, here I sat on a bench inside the supposed rest area by myself. There were many others drinking, eating and the like, some discussing their missions as well. However, I heard peculiar footsteps approaching my seat.

"Move," The voice was sharp exactly like a dagger.

"Do I really have to?" I sent a glare back with a tired voice.

"I said move," It was a cold statement which started garnering attention from the surroundings.

"Not interested." Others snickered at my comment.

Shiiing!

In an instant my vision was almost two. My hands reacted faster than my thoughts, swinging my sword to the person's dagger creating sparks in the process.

"Violence is not always the answer," I speak in a matter of fact tone, "Also who might you be?"

I finally looked up, strong-willed eyes met my own. It was a girl with horns sprouting up from her head, and violet-purple hair slightly visible. Her figure was covered by a dark gray cloak.

"Oi! Fighting between adventurers is banned, continue and you will be removed immediately!" A huge bulky man showed up from the reception desks screaming into our ears.

"This girl here was attacking me just because I wouldn't move, how is this fair?"

"Is that right? You laughing idiots tell me what happened!?" The man turned toward the surrounding audience with a booming voice.

"The newbie dared to pick a fight with the 'Violet Terror'! A brave idiot he is!"

"Is that so?" He stared straight at me, "Well then, lets see you in action, make up for this noise with a fight."

Without missing a beat the girl slashed through my neck. Or so it seemed, I had predicted such readable movements and prepared a surprise. Her sword bounced right off my neck, failing to damage me.

"Woah! Look at that!"

"The newbie did something weird!"

[*Magic Enhancement* (B) has been created.]

Confused looks from the audience crowed in on me.

It was a simple application of Magic Enhancement, I gathered it into one spot of my body, discharging it the moment I was struck. It was a parry with magic. However despite being knocked off balance, she skilfully spun around striking my sword arm. It was fast, however... her sword would clash against mine.

"What?"

"Your aim is too clear, I know what you're doing before you even attack," My voice unshaken, scolded her mid fight.

"... I see."

It seemed she understood what I meant, Interesting. From then on her attacks became a lot more unpredictable, instead of only aiming for vitals she was hiding her intent. Feints became mixed in as she started to speed up her barrage of slashes. My surroundings were being thrashed as chairs, walls, and tables were being sliced to pieces.

"Well- aren't you getting- a bit fast?" I was beginning to be pushed back.

I decided to put in some more effort. Despite her swordsmanship undergoing an upgrade it was fruitless. Instead of just blocking and not abusing her countless gaps, I fought back. And at that moment, it was game over.

Sparks intensified as her attacks were being effortlessly pushed aside. She constantly was thrown off her stance. Knocked off balance, she gave up trying to defend, fully rushing me down.

"Not so fast."

Her eyes opened wide. The crowd looked in shock.

Her sword arm came crashing down...

Not in front of me, but behind. Her furrowed eyebrows explained the confusion. She was on the ground.

"Well, you're a fledgling after all, it's the end."

Her face met was met with a sword before she could even look at me. The speechless silence invited footsteps from the perpetrator.

'Sigh...'

"You're a skilled swordsman, defeating the 'Violet whatchamacallit' without a problem. Why don't you tell me who you are?" The Guild Master spoke in an entertained tone, the complete opposite of 'Purple' here.

"Haha, well-"

"Teach me how to fight," The cold voice struck the tension floating in the air.

"Now now, you can discuss this later, for now lad why don't you follow me, I have something for ya," He signalled his hand to follow.

"Sure."

I dragged the violet terror along as I followed the head honcho. All of which, proceeded with a confused crowd.

'This girl must've been some strong person around here to pull out reactions like these.'

Brought into a new but small area of the building, both me and 'purple' were in awe. The room contained countless trophies, monster souvenirs and magic items.

"Impressed? Well of course, as an Ex-S Class adventurer this comes naturally."

His demeanour was quite grand, as he admired his previous achievements. The proudnes emanated from his bright face.

"Alright, what do you want from me and 'purple' here?"

"My name is not-"

"The reason, you're both here is more of a whim then anything. So, newbie what was your name?"

"Haruto."

"Hmmm... your name... considering your skills you must be part of the famous Shinobi Clan!"

"I think you've got the wrong idea here..."

"I get it, though making a ruckus there is quite unfitting for a shinobi like yourself."

"Besides that, I declare you an unofficial A-Ranker! You completely had the Rank B 'Violet T- ree?'"

Purple's eyes brimmed with killing intent.

"Neat, but unofficial you say?" My comment silenced 'Purple'.

"What a weak reaction... unfortunately, we need you to clear some prerequisites before a legitimate evaluation can be done."

"Okay lay it on me, if you've got the eye to recognise my value I'll take whatever you throw at me without a cinch!"

From then on it led to me having to kill a 'Volcanic Draganoid' that has been brewing troubles surrounding the Guild Branches. It was said to be a mutated variant which caused the B ranks to stumble, which may or not be why 'Purple' came back this quick. However, the most important part, was the System!

[The system has created a side-quest.]

[Side Quest: *Approve Your Adventurer Registration* (B-)]

Slay the Volcanic Dragonoid Variant 0/1Carry proof of the subjugation 0/1

[Rewards:]

10000 IP, 5000 EP, 2000 AP.New Skill: [Lava Mastery (B+)]Possible to imbue lava within actions.Possible to control Lava with mana.2 Free level ups.

"Alright 'Purple' we're doing this together."

Her eyes stung my body with expectation.

"Calm down, of course I'll take you in as my student."

Despite the lack of expression, her eyes displayed satisfaction, reminding me of a certain someone.

'I have the Goddess to look after, and now 'Purple' here, but someone isn't useless for once.'