A Hero's Goddess Rescue

After a quick clean of the bloody mess, we all group up at the very entrance of the bandit housed mountain, while Calvin volunteers to scout. To stop idling around, they create a camp while I sort out my status.

"Haruto I never expected you to be that skilled, your mercilessness is quite a figure to look at," Ursa praises me, her head leaning on her hand.

I'm not sure whether to feel flattered or not.

"I still would win anyway, does it matter?" Burd grunts in frustration, was that jealousy?

"It was nothing much, I was just taught simple swordsmanship by my father. He was a former adventurer but he's gone now though..." My acting was perfect.

I accurately portrayed a boy's sadness at his family's death, ignoring my actual age.

"You have my condolences."

"Mine too or whatever."

Within a mood of slight grief a high pitched scream rang. I grip my sword and Burd has the same reaction.

"AHHHHHH!!!" A familiar voice screams.

"This girl who is she?!" Calvin's stressed voice could be heard from the inside.

As the cloth covering the entrance is flapped open, I see them, the useless Goddess running away from Calvin.

"Ah! My Hero! Protect me from this brute!" As soon as she saw me, she was already behind me.

The three of them stare at me and I bow in apology, "Sorry, this was the companion I wanted to save, she is my sister, the only family I have left."

They look at me with an understanding gaze, mixed with a bit of pity, her personality was that bad.

"Anyways, there wasn't anyone left in there, just food supplies, magic crystals and some weapons. As well as that girl... surrounded by unconscious bodies." He then chooses to ignore that fact, joining the circle we were sitting in.

His bag was filled to the brim of crystals, showing the reaped benefits of raiding this base.

"Hero, he was very scary I tell you!" She 'hmphs' hugging my arm, sandwiching it with her chest, experiencing paradise.

If anything this Goddess was more of a child then anything else, it'll be impossible for me to react.

"I heard that!" She stares daggers into me.

"You guys are quite a close knit family from what I can tell," Ursa comments as she chews on some meat jerkey.

"She's more of a burden than anything though," I mutter under my breath.

"Seriously..." Calvin seemed to have heard me and agreed quietly.

"..."

The Goddess looked back and forth between me and him with an infuriated expression.

"We better head back to the guild, the journey was quite far," Burd breaks the silence and reminds them.

"If my memory serves me right you said you weren't an adventurer?" Calvin recalls what I said when we met.

"Yup," I reply while petting the Goddess' soft silver hair as if it was natural. They were soft and silky to the touch, her mood brightened instantly as well.

"Would you like to join us then?" He offers wholeheartedly.

"Of course!" I enthusiastically reply, betraying my usual demeanour to play this role I set up.

"But it's becoming dark so get some sleep, we'll take turns night guarding. You don't have to though, as your new and all," He stands up and climbs up a tree before giving a thumbs up.