A Hero's 'Name' Trauma - 7

As my eyes slowly opened, I could see faint bits of silver. Where am I? Soon I grasped my surroundings, and the Goddess was there sitting on a chair asleep, with her head resting on my stomach. From what I could tell I was in an inn of sorts.

As I squirmed around trying to figure out where we are, her body twitched.

"Hero, you're awake now!" She had tears of joy in her eyes while smiling at me.

"Yes... now get off me," I try to push her away but my arms wouldn't move.

"You can't move, the power you unleashed sacrificed your own life force to kill that beast," The smile on the Goddess darkens a bit.

I see, however that skill *Sacrificial Light Pulse* was what I used originally to kill him in the first place. In a battle to the death from a life eons ago. To distract myself I sat up to brush her hair with my hand softly.

"Mmm!" She was happily humming while looking outside the window.

[Status:]

[User: Haruto] [Level: 17] [Age: 20 (1000+)] [Sex: Male]

[Titles:]

[Eternal Hero]

Experience received is threefold.Lowers the stats of Legendary, Mythical, Divine beings in combat.Legendary, Mythical, Divine beings are wary of your existence.

[Treasured By The Goddess of ???] [New Title!]

[Level must be raised higher to access this information.]

[One Who Has Received The Goddess' Favour]

Affinity with Divine beings are increased.

[Stats:]

Strength: (F-) -> (E-)

Agility: (F) -> (E)

Stamina: (G+) -> (F+)

Mana: (D-) [New stat!]

Luck: (F+) [New Stat!]

[Skills:]

[Destined Hero] (?) [Reach a higher level to unseal further abilities.]

Stat and Skill growth is boosted.Luck boost granted. [Luck has been integrated into the stat page.]*Sacrificial Light Pulse* a powerful magic slash activated by consuming a large portion of life force. [New Ability!] Cool down: 1 week. [Active Ability][Sealed] Hero Sword Aeternum.More abilities are to be discovered.

[Swordsmanship] (B)

Swordsmanship is moderately corrected.*Double Strike* one strike counts as two for one attack.

Cool down: 1 minute. [Active Ability]

*Counter* When parrying an attack part of the damage is reflected back to the enemy. [Passive Ability]*Light Flash* one slash is accelerated heavily, creating a clean slice to the target. The ability is granted a light attribute. [New Ability!] Cool down: 30 seconds. [Active Ability]

[Acting] (E+) [New Skill!]

Lies sound more believable to others.The real personality of the user is harder detect.

[Points:]

Equipment Points: 3000Ability Points: 2252Item Points: 2900

'System, what happened to my status?'

[The battle with the entity known as the 'Silver Reaper' has greatly increased Haruto's abilities.]

'The new title and new stats?'

[The title is unable to be viewed with Haruto's current level. The new stat 'mana' has been created after the ability 'Sacrificial Light Pulse was forcefully activated by the skill 'Destined Hero'. The 'luck' stat was set to be released by reaching the 2nd tier and unlocking the luck boost.]

'So those new stats came from that battle, and the title should be from the Goddess.'

"Hey Goddess, could you explain yourself?" I prop my status up in her face pointing at the new title.

From the chair she turned her body in the other direction, if looked at closely her ears were steaming red, meaning that it was indeed from this Goddess. Suddenly she snaps her head around back at me.

"Hero what is your name?" Her face was still slightly flushed.

"Haruto," I sigh softly.

"So that's your name, hmmmm," The goddess still looked somewhat dissatisfied, "Haruto call me by mine!"

"Give me a good reason to do so," I reply instantly with a calm demeanour.

"Muuuuuu! I'll just disable the system then," The grumble was clearly audible.

Anyone who saw my expression right now would immediately feel pity.

"Okay I will! Calm down!" Disabling the system is too much, it is my only friend within these trying times!

"Say it right now, A-l-i-c-a, all together," Her satisfied expression as if teaching a child ticked me off.

"..."

"The system~," Her evil smirk was widening as she spoke.

'This cheating Goddess!'

"Ali-" My humiliation was cut short by a sudden intrusion.

"Hey! I could hear a ruckus and guessed you were up, we've been waiting for a week you know!" It was Calvin, maybe the system wasn't my only friend, his save was greatly appreciated.

"Sorry! I'll get up as fast as possible," I escaped the Goddess' grasp and exited the room at lightning speed.

[Haruto, the Goddess does not indeed have the ability to disable me.]

'Scheming little brat!'

Grumbling from frustration I quickly met up with the crew seeing that they're all in adventurer clothing. They looked at me confused- I forgot my equipment.

"I'll be right back!" I return upstairs disturbing other people, to meet a muttering Goddess.

luckily for me she didn't notice my entrance. With that chance I grabbed my equipment laying down beside the bed and slowly crept my way to the door.

"You can't escape from me!"

Before I knew it I was on the floor in a chokehold.

"Get off!" Arms were wrapped tight on my neck.

"Not until you call me by me name!" She tightens her hold even further.

"N-no! I will not do s- Ack! I yield!" My breath grew short.

"Now! Do it!" The grip was loosened and refreshing air was let back into my lungs.

"I refu- Hchk! Fine! Just let go of me."

At last she lets go and I rise from the cold floor in a sitting position.

"So Haruto~ you going to say it?" She towers over me as she stands up.

Why is she so fixated on a name?!

"...Okay here goes," I take a huge breath in, staring deeply into her eyes, "Goddess Al- A... wait! wait! Just give me a bit to prepare myself."