2

Miranda walked with Ben down to the library and he pulled on the door.

"It's locked." Ben voiced.

Miranda pulled her key out of her pocket and unlocked it.

"Are you that much a nerd that I'm pretty sure you are the only one with a key to the library?"

"You are really pushing it Warren, and yes I'm a nerd. I've been called that pretty much my whole life." Miranda responded walking inside.

Miranda walked down the big aisle filled with books and she grabbed a huge one. "Hear let me get that for you." Ben voiced taking it out of her hands.

Miranda grabbed many more and stacked them up in Ben's arms before they walked over to a table.

"How did you know that these were the ones you needed."

"Because I pulled them from the abdominal shelf." Miranda answered pushing her glasses up.

"Okay where do we start then?"

"We got to start looking for zebras."

"What the hell are zebras?

"Un common diseases" Miranda laughed.

"And it's called zebras because?..."

"As surgeons we are taught, when you hear hooves, think horses not Zebras. Meaning if a patient comes in always look for common illnesses and problems before you think about the un common."

Ben nodded and opened one of the books. After a little while he popped his head up. "What about lead poisoning. It says here that it can be present with chronic or reoccurring abdominal pain."

Miranda looked up and smiled at him.
"I found Lupus." Miranda told him as she wrote it down on her note pad.

Ben kept reading "Hemochromatosis...The symptoms are abdominal pain, lethargy, weakness and weight loss."

"You would be a good surgeon Benjamin." Miranda informed and Ben smiled at her.

They continued looking into those diagnoses that they picked out before they called it a night.

"Hey if you have anymore Spaghetti can you bring it?" Ben asked hopeful.

"I will thank you for tonight. Well today too." Miranda praised sheepishly.

"It was no problem. I had fun." Ben commented shutting her car door that he opened for her.

"See you tomorrow Doctor Warren."

"Alright, I look forward to that...what kind of coffee do you like?"

"I take mine with two sugars and two creams."

"Okay I will have that for you tomorrow morning."

Miranda blushed saying "thank you."

The next morning Ben walked into the surgical locker room and he saw Miranda fixing her scrub shirt.

"Good morning." Ben greeted.

"Good morning. Thank you so much." Miranda smiled taking the coffee out of his hand and she handed him a black lunch box.
"Why's it so heavy?" Ben asked.

"Because it's Spaghetti, Salad, a water bottle and a v8 orange and pineapple for energy."

"Thank you Miranda." Ben smiled as they walked into the hall together.

"I got to go do rounds." Miranda told him.

"Me too, I'll see you later."

Later around 11 Miranda met back up with Ben and she told him that they were trying to transfer Alicia to Psych.