9

"So for valentine's day I was thinking that we could have another sleep over and I can show off my chef skills." Miranda smiled walking beside Ben in the elevator.

"Awe shoot my bad Miranda. I already told Jasmine that I would take her out for valentine's day." Ben voiced sadly.

Miranda wanted to click her teeth but held off. "It's okay, I'll just invite Callie over...I keep forgetting you have someone now." Miranda pouted.

"How about Sunday?" Ben suggested.

"Yeah." Miranda responded dryly.

"Don't be like that Miranda."

"Be like what? I'm like nothing." Before Ben could respond the elevator opened up and in walked Jasmine herself.

Miranda rolled her eyes quickly and then put on a forced smile.

"Hey Ben." She greeted
"Hello Doctor Bailey."

"Hi!" Miranda responded with the best smile she could put on.

Jasmine turned to Ben and smiled. "I'm so excited for Saturday." She chimed.
"Me too." Ben replied

"I bought a new dress and this cute, sexy lingerie." Miranda gasped and cleared her throat. "Can we be professional."

"Please you're his best friend." She laughed.

"That doesn't need to be apart of his sex life." She retorted. Dam why is this elevator so slow. Then the elevators opened.

"This is my stop." Ben informed them stepping forward.

"Bye." Both of them called out simultaneously and Miranda looked over annoyed that she wasn't leaving."

"I wanted to talk to you." Jasmine stated when the elevator closed.

"About?"

"Well Ben and I have been seeing each other for a while-

"Two months" Miranda informed.

"Do you think he will ask me to be his girlfriend on Valentine's day?"

"Why would I know that?" Miranda dragged as the elevator opened and she walked out and Jasmine followed.

"Because you two are like PB&J" She countered.

"Uh he's never talked about it, Plus it's still a little early don't you think?"

"I guess...I know I really like him and I feel as though we have a connection and then when we are intimate it's nothing like it. I pulled out all the tricks I know, so I know it's the best he's ever had."

Miranda pursed her lips together and stopped walking, she doubted she was the best, Ben never mentioned this girl in no kind of form. And it couldn't have been all that good for him because if she could remember correctly the first time, he got on the phone with her right after. Ben had this aura and arrogance about him, that she already knew he was blessed and a beast sexually. Now, she wasn't all that experienced sexually, but she knew it would take a special kind of woman to tame him or for him to meet his match.

He needed someone who would spend all day pleasuring him and it pleased them to please him. And the thought crossed her mind for a second that she wanted to be that one for him. As fast as it came, she cleared it away. She couldn't afford thoughts like that. 8 years of marriage is what she had on the line and what she loved. She loved Tucker so much and she valued their love and marriage. "Lord please help me? She begged silently to him.

"Dr.Bailey?"

"Huh?"

"I was saying that you may be right it's early. "

"Yeah." Miranda sputtered, "just give it some time."

Wednesday Miranda sat in bed miserable. She was on her cycle and her cramps were killing her. She took medicine but it didn't seem to help at all.

She felt sick to her stomach because it constant felt like it was in knots, balling her uterus up.

Miranda cycle was so iffy. She could go so long with out menstruation and then when it hit her it was like a civil war was going on. Her body against itself.

She went to the doctor about the long span time of cycles and it wasn't much they could do. It's hard to track because it doesn’t happen often. This also why it was so hard for her to get pregnant. She was a anovulator, her cycles were absent so she never ovulated. She even had cycles that were called anovulatory cycles.

The crazy thing was. She had been doing fine with cycles and for the past year they were beginning to be consistent meaning she was ovulating and could possibly get pregnant but her husband was across country and truthfully, after 7 years of trying she blocked the thought of ever getting pregnant and now her body was kicking her ass.

Ben was leaving work, he had the overnight shift so it was now 9am.

He decided to call Miranda, still feeling bad about turning her down for valentine's day.

"Hey Miranda." Ben greeted on the 3rd ring.

"Hey." She responded.

"What's the matter?" He questioned.

"My cycle and these cramps are-

"Say no more." Ben interjected. "I'm coming over and I'm coming with stuff." Ben added.

Ben left work and went to Walmart. He grabbed a heating pad, tea’s, medicine, chocolate and stuff to make dinner. He walked into Miranda's apartment and put the groceries up before walking to the back with her other things. Miranda was coming out of her bathroom and she only had a tank top on. "Oh my god I'm sorry." Ben rushed out quickly, looking at her black panties. "It's fine." Miranda replied not caring.

"Not it's not." Ben responded looking at her ass as she moved towards the bed. "I mean you are I- he stuttered.

"Shut up." Miranda mocked playfully as she got into the covers. He was acting like a teenager who discovered a playboy magazine.

"Why do you wear sexy panties on your cycle? I thought women wear cycle panties."

"Period panties." Miranda laughed.

"Yeah those." Ben dragged handing her a ginger ale.

"I rarely get my cycle.” Miranda answered opening the soda.

" I bought you a heating pad and I read that if you lay in fetal position it will help with the cramps...so, let's try that." Ben suggested moving to plug the heating pad in before handing it to her.

"Can I?" Ben asked gesturing to her bed.

"You've never asked before"

"And you've never just had on a shirt and panties before either." Ben retorted.

"Get it Ben."

Ben got into the bed behind her. Miranda placed the heating pad against her stomach and Ben rubbed soothing circles into her lower back.

"Thank you." She praised.

"No problem."

"I’m sleepy." Miranda informed pushing her head into the pillow.

"Me too." Ben replied.

"Aww man I forgot you are just getting off. You didn't have to come help me...go head and go to sleep and get your rest."

"Right after I soothe you." Ben replied and Miranda gushed inwardly.

"You're the best. I don't know what I'd do with out you."

"Me either."

Valentine's day was here and Miranda was a little down, she wouldn't have her husband or her best friend to spend the day with and feel special. But still she was glad that she was hanging with Callie tonight.

Miranda met Callie in the lobby "Hey Bailey."

"Hey." Miranda smiled.

"So I rented the movies Dirty dancing, Beaches, Steel Magnolias, The Best little Whore House In Texas." Callie listed.

"Oh we are definitely watching The Best little Whore House In Texas." Miranda chimed.

"What are we eating?" Callie asked.

"I guess we can order something when we get to my house." Miranda responded.

Miranda looked up at Ben's voiced and she looked over at him in a suit. Dam she thought to herself. He looked so good. She then frowned when she saw Jasmine on the other side of him with her nice black dress, heels, and a bouquet of red roses. They looped arms and started to walk pass them.

"Good night ladies." He told them both and gave Miranda a wink.

What the heck was the wink for, she though to herself.

Miranda and Callie drove to her house together and Miranda unlocked the door reaching for the light.

When the light came on Miranda looked at the big bouquet of rose and a small 12 count bouquet of roses on the counter. She gasped and walked over noticing silver covered dishes.

Miranda uncovered it and saw a steak, lobster, shrimp, cheesy scallop potatoes and garlic roasted potatoes.

She uncovered the dish and it was an identical plate. Callie looked in confusion but delighted. Miranda reached for the 3 cars and she opened one.

"Happy Valentine's best friend. I hate that we couldn't hang together but I go you and Callie a nice meal and roses because you deserve to always feel special. All you need is a little love. But a little chocolate could never hurt (chocolate cup cakes in the fridge). Have a good night. It's wine o'clock so enjoy the chilled wine in the fridge too.

Xoxo Benjamin.

Miranda gushed and put her hand over her heart blushing. "Hey this one says my name." Callie pointed out looking at the small card and stick inside the roses.

Callie opened it and she smiled reading Ben's message. "Well what's it say?" Miranda asked.

"Take good care of my best friend tonight. Thank you for being her plus one. Happy Valentine's day." Callie read.

"Dam he's the sweetest. He's about to be my new best friend...hell boyfriend."

"He's mine." Miranda threw out quickly and Callie raised her eyebrow.

"Best friend.." Miranda Clarified blushing. "Come let's put the movie in and bring our food and wine into the living room."

"I think you both have big feelings..

"Feelings for who?" Miranda questioned.

"For each other."

"Psst." Miranda waved her off.

"Give me a break. I know what see. "

"You don't see anything. You see two best friends who care about each other deeply but platonically. I'm married and I love my husband and that's not going to change."

"Speaking of the devil that's my husband now. "Miranda said looking at her phone that rung.

"Hey baby."

"Happy Valentine's Day." Tucker voiced.

"Happy Valentine's day to you too babe."

"Did you get my gift?" Tucker asked.

"What gift?" Miranda questioned.

"I sent you a card in the mail."

"Oh let me open it. I must have missed it." Miranda said grabbing the card.

"A carddd?" Callie dragged out and Miranda rolled her eyes.

Miranda opened the envelope and read the card and then the sweet message on the inside and set the money down on the table that he put in there.

"Mmmm I like Ben's gift better." Callie commented. "He needs to step his game up."

"Hush." Miranda shhed covering the phone.