6

"You never had a sleep over before?" Ben questioned.

"No, my mom was so strict and she didn't believe on staying over people houses or people staying at mines."

"Aww man. We are going to have a sleep over on Friday." Ben informed thinking.

"It's not that serious Ben."

"It is! You are going to have an experience on what it's like. We are going to watch movie, eat snacks, play games, I'll even paint your toes and listen to all of your girlie stories." Ben responded and Miranda smiled.

"Okay now I'm actually excited." Miranda voiced happily.

Ben got off early and he knew Miranda wouldn't be home until 5:30 because that when she would have maximum hours for the week.

He went to Walmart and grabbed everything he though they needed for tonight. Spending a whole lot of money.

Ben drove to Miranda's place and he used the key under the mat before bringing everything inside. Ben put the groceries up before making snacks and drinks. He set up a food and snack station and mini bar in the corner and then he went on to make a spa basket for them. After moving the table in her living room. He laid out their sleeping bags and made everything look neat and nice.

Ben took out led lights and he put the different colors around. He open the pack of Laser beams and put them on different walls creating a maze through out the house. Ben cut off all the lights and looked at his work of the security Laser maze that came to life.

Next he moved on to the hall way and her bed room along with the guest room. Making the perfect place for Laser tag.

After that was complete Ben opened up the foot soaker and other things so it would already be ready. He bough board games, questionnaires and other silly things.

Ben looked at the time and saw that she should be on the way home right about now. The man would be delivering their wings and pizza in about two hours.

Ben went and changed into his black pajamas and he grabbed his Laser tag vest and gun. He wrote a note leaving it on the counter along with her vest and gun.

Miranda got home and she walked into her apartment. Her eyes darted around the dark room. It was Laser beams everywhere like a high security diamond heist that you see on a cartoon.

"What the hell." Miranda voiced stepping and then ducking over one of the lasers walking to the kitchen. Miranda saw the gun and vest on the counter and read the note beside it.

Welcome home from work. This is your gun and vest and I have one too and you are under attack as of now. Avoid the Laser beams or it will cost you. May the odds be in you favor Miranda Bailey *insert my evil laugh* -Ben

Miranda laughed loudly and put her work bag on the floor and she took her shoes off before grabbing her gun and vest.

"I would hate for you to loose Ben Warren." Miranda called out ducking and climbing over the lasers. One was so low she hand to crawl on the floor to get under one of them.

Miranda kept her back against the wall after she made it through the maze. She was no way an expert at this. Her method was just shoot and don't get shot.

She breathed quietly searching for any sounds that could direct her to her target.

Miranda pushed her bedroom door opened and looked around. Freezing at the sound of approaching footsteps, she turned abruptly with her gun aimed at where she thought the sound was coming from. With the small amount of light in the room, Miranda thought to use her bed as a barrier, when the signs of foot steps ceased. She ran on the other side of her bed and got down.

Ben continued coming out of the guest room, her bed room door was open so he knew she was inside. Ben tipped toed the best he could careful not make any noise.

He looked into her room and looked around. Miranda could hear Ben's foot steps so she remained quiet and down on the floor.

Ben grabbed a pillow off of her bed and threw it across the room causing her to gasp. "Shit." She cursed at herself.

"Gotcha." Ben voiced. Thinking quick Miranda throw the pillow hitting him in the face and she ran, turning around to shoot him while stumbled.

She laughed loudly running into the guest room.

"Oh its war." Ben yelled and Miranda put her hand over her mouth to hide her laughter.

Ben took a tentative step forward towards the guest room, his eyes searching the obscure darkness for any signs of movement. He walked inside and looked around. Ben smiled thinking she went into the closet. Miranda waited until he was close by the closet before she flew out from behind the door shooting him immediately. You could hear the pew pew pew of the laser gun going off. Ben whipped around but Miranda was already out of that room shutting the door behind her to give her time.

As she snuck through darkened hallways and crevices, she shot at almost anything that moved thinking he came out of the room already.

Miranda ran into the living room avoiding the lasers. She hid behind the couch ducking down. Ben came out of the room and walked down the hall. He looked around the room and he looked over by the couch. He could see her shadow on the wall and he chuckled to himself.

"It's okay if you want to give up now Miranda Bailey." Ben called out.

He reached down and cut the Laser beams off and Miranda sucked in a breath quietly. Ben walked towards the couch and she knew then that his foots steps were coming towards her.

Miranda made a dash towards the kitchen and Ben shot at her chasing her. When Ben got on the hardwood floor with socks he knew then he messed up. The floor was so slippery and instantly he slipped falling on the floor.

Miranda turned around with wide eyes laughing hysterically. Ben laughed but then thought of another plan.

He put his gun down reaching for his ankle. Miranda was hiding behind the counter still laughing. Until she realized that he wasn't and he was hissing.

Miranda then peaked out and looked at Ben holding his ankle. "Oh my god Benjamin let me see Miranda said walking over to him quickly.

Ben had his head down and when she was standing over top of him he pulled her down with a loud laugh. "Got cha." He teased. He flipped them until he was on top of her and he reached out grabbing his gun. Ben stood over her and shot her several times until her vest number went up and lit red signaling she lost.

"Hey that was not fair." Miranda laughed looking up at him.

"Don't hate the player hate the game." Ben taunted holding a hand out to help her up.

Ben walked and cut the lights on and Miranda looked at everything. "Ben this is so nice. I'm so excited for my first sleep over party."

Miranda clapped. "What's next?" She asked.

"I bought stuff for facials and Mani Pedi’s"

"Okay great I do you and then you do me."

"I'm not getting my hands and feet done." Ben remarked.

"Yes you are...you have to participate. It's just clear nail polish and men should take care of their feet and hands too." Miranda returned.

"Fine." Ben gave in as they walked over to the spa station.

"Have a seat kind sir." Miranda gestured to the chair.

Miranda went to change into the matching black pajamas Ben bought her before coming back out.

She then went and got warm water and poured it into the foot soaker after adding all the proper stuff. She then placed Ben's hands in the warm water and let them soak.

Miranda took the white towel and wrapped it around his head before grabbing the steamer and cutting it on. Ben's sat back as Miranda let the steam work. She then grabbed her facial cleanser and poured some into her hands and began to rubbed into his face delicately before working it into his facial hair. She took the facial sponge and massaged it in cleaning thoroughly.

"Dam you thought of everything." Miranda acknowledged taking the hot towel out of the machine. She wrapped it around his face and let it sit before wiping off the cleanser.

Miranda placed the cucumber toner eye straps across his eyes and began to clean his pours with the tools before applying ph. cream for healthy skin.

Next she grabbed the face mask and began to apply it on his face.

"This is going to be so good with hydrating your face." Miranda voiced as she continued to apply.

Miranda looked down at him and Ben could feel her wanting to crack a laugh. "Get it over with. I can already imagine how ridiculous I look" Ben huffed.

Miranda laughed and grabbed her phone. I just need one picture." Miranda laughed snapping a few before slipping her phone back into her pocket.

She needed his mask to dry so she took his hands out of the water then got down, sitting on the stool and placed a towel on her lap. Miranda took his feet out of the water.

She applied the foot exfoliator and worked that into his feet and legs. Then she rinsed them off and began to cut his toe nails. "You actually have really nice feet Ben." Miranda complimented.

Miranda took the time doing his toes and she was finally finished.

"Okay I have to go to the bathroom then I will do your hands." Miranda said walking off.

The door bell rung and Ben groaned. The delivery man was going to have to see him being pampered. Deciding he didn't even care he got up and walked to answer it.

Ben walked to answer the door and man looked at him strangely.

"Ben Is that the food?." Miranda called out.

"I know that look, what ever the wife wants she gets." The delivery driver joked and Ben nodded laughing.

"Exactly." Ben replied handing him the money from off the counter.

Ben closed the door and set the food on the food table. "Okay the mask is finished. I can clean that off and then we can eat before finishing the rest." Miranda stated looking him in the eyes.

"Okay." Ben agreed sitting back down in the chair.

Miranda cleaned his face off and then they sat eating their food. Ben brought the questionnaire and placed the cards in front of them.

"What do you consider to be your best physical feature?" Ben asked putting the card down.

Miranda wrinkled her nose in thought. "Um I don't really know." Miranda answered. "I mean I know I’m pretty but I don't know one thing that stands out...what do you think?" Miranda questioned.

"Um you don't want me to answer that." Ben said sheepishly.

"No seriously tell me what's my best feature. Tell me. Be honest from your opinion" She persisted

Ben looked her over before answering. "Everything. From your beautiful face with those intense eyes, down to your plump full lips. Your breast, thick thighs and plentiful ass. Miranda your the full package. I would be blind to not notice. Friend or not. I see you." Ben stated and Miranda instantly blushed and bit her lip.

"Thank you." She voiced feelings butterflies on the inside.

"I think my best attraction is my smile. I love my smile." Ben told her.

"You do have a killer smile. Overall your face is very handsome Ben." Miranda complimented.

"Have you ever in your life thought, “never again”? What was it about?" Miranda asked putting the card down before biting into her chicken wing.

"I would never drive with out wearing a seat belt nor would have ever dare anyone to do something dangerous." Ben answered.

"What happened?" Miranda asked concerned.

Ben began to tell her the story about Danny and she felt so bad for him. It caused her to stand up and pull him into her body hugging him. Ben laid his head on her stomach in comfort. "Benjamin Warren. I know that situation hurt you but it wasn't your fault. You were young and as kids we aren’t trained to look at the bigger picture or think about all the risks. Our brains can't even comprehend to go that far. I believe that everything happens for a reason. It's sad how that ended but God knows best." Miranda consoled him rubbing his head.

After answering as many questions that they could Miranda finished Ben's hands before he did the same to her.

Ben took a selfie with Miranda while she had the clay mask on her face. "Send that to me." Miranda smiled.

"I found this horror movie channel and it plays scary movies all night." Ben told her as he went to go pop the pop corn. Miranda grabbed the tray of snacks and set them beside their sleeping bags.

She got into her sleeping bag as Ben turned to the channel. They were right on time for a new movie.

The movie started up with a movie company 'Rosebud' and a yellow flower blooming. Then smoke came into a dark background, and narration came on.

"Legend has it that it was written by the dark one's Necronomicon EX Mortes, Roughly translated book of the dead," said the Narrator

The book came on the screen with its face on the book, getting pulled by each book's end.

"Woah, that is a creepy book," Ben acknowledged

"Ben, would you ever read that book?" Asked Miranda

"Seeing how the narrator said the book of the dead, no Miranda I would not,"

The eyes on the book blinked open and peered at them. Its mouth then opened and emitted a hideous scream and goes inside the mouth book to see a spinning vortex.

"Okay this seems pretty interesting and yet creepy as hell." Miranda voiced excitedly.

The two got into the movie all while eating their snacks. Miranda honestly didn't expect it to be as scary as it was. She covered her eyes at some parts and then jumped in freight at the others.

After the movie was over Miranda was shook. She loved horror movies but them people jumping out everywhere and killing those women and men took the cake.

"Shit I have to pee." Miranda voiced.

"This is the 3rd time you have said that. Why don't you just go?" Ben laughed.

"I can't come with me."

Ben laughed at Miranda. "Miranda just cut the lights on."

Miranda stared at him with a pout. "Fine come on I'll make sure no monsters snatch you up. You're such a wuss."

"I am not. I just need a little reassurance." Miranda dragged out.

Ben got up and walked with her to the bathroom. He waited for her to get done before they walked back out.

He looked at Miranda strangely when she got inside of his sleeping bag. "For reassurance." She filled in sheepishly.

"Who knew that Miranda Bailey was a big baby." Ben taunted.

"Aww shut up." Miranda laughed as she slid so he could get inside.

"Turn on something interesting and not scary I'm done for tonight. Some movies you have to watch during the day time and that was one of them."

Ben laughed and grabbed the remote finding a comedy. He continued to eat snacks as he laid on his side. He heard Miranda soft snores so he knew she was sleep. He was close behind her.

Miranda absent-mindedly curled her body into his and Ben sighed contently. It didn’t take him long to sleep after that.

Miranda woke up in the middle of the night and her heart was racing she had a terrible dream. She had to give in to the writers of the company. They wrote the hell out of that film.

Miranda turned and scooted into Ben more. She tangled her legs with his and laid on his chest, snuggling into his neck.

"Why are you up?" Ben whispered.

"I had a dream." Miranda told him.

Ben pulled her closer into him and rubbed her back soothingly. "Try this. My mom use to do this with me as a kid and it worked. Close your eyes and press your nose."

"What? What does it do?" Miranda asked.

"Your brain is your movie, your eyes are the TV and your nose is the TV buttons to control the channel. When ever you have a bad dream and you wake up. Simply change the channel."

Miranda nodded and closed her eyes. She pressed her nose and she didn't expect it to actually work but it tricked her brain into thinking it was something else playing." Miranda quickly fell back to sleep content with Ben's warm body.