Chapter 6- A Hint of Past Memory

"Huh? Wait you are...."

"Doctor Kobayashi?!" 

"Hehe, you guess it right."

 She was my aunt a sibling from the mother's side so it means she was my mother's sibling. In my mom's family, they are ambitious, having a goal to reach high which my great great grandfather left a tradition on. They say that whoever fails won't be called a Sasaki member which is my mother's last name and be kicked out from the family and live in shame forever. Kinda harsh right? Though the family let their children choose their own ambition as long as they pass it perfectly and earn it worthily like they are. So the family wants their children to be an honor student. It's kinda the thing I've been thought even since I was kid, since the family accepted their children to marry someone on condition to make their child follow the tradition, which I think it was bullshit so I tried to rebel against them. But damn, no matter how I became a bad boy I got a perfect score among the class leaving me always top 1 in the school. I hate that because the teachers keep bragging about it to my parents about how smart I am, making my parents proud that they tell their family all about it. Now it's getting worse, so I have no choice to give up which I thought in the first place but seeing myself getting in trouble gives me a good chance on rebelling against them. I don't mind getting kicked out from the family and live in shame, as long as I'm free then I don't give a fuck, that's how I'm supposed to be. 

Anyways, enough talking about my family and talk about the situation right now. "Aunt Kobayashi was the assigned doctor for me due to my health, and she came here to examine me which I think she conclude I was fine except the pain in my head. She specializes in all types of illnesses so she's perfect for an unknown cause like mine. My parents came in since Aunt Kobayashi allowed them to and she told them, "I think your son has a Syncope (SINK-a-pee), another word for fainting or passing out. He looks fine when I examined him, so it's not a great illness if you ask me. He probably must've fainted due to using all of his energy." "Thank God, I almost got a heart attack," My Mom said in relief. "You must've studied so hard for our family, we need to talk to our family and the school to give you a rest. You deserve relaxation honey." She kissed me in the forehead and left the two of us, but I'm not sure if that's really the cause of my Syncope. I mean, I'm really fine except for the head; it's really painful, and I knew Doctor Kobayashi is smart so her diagnosis can't definitely be wrong. But is she really right? I look at her with doubt and she can't tell what I'm really thinking so she checked before first if my parents are gone. After that she went towards me, with a serious face. 

"I know what you are thinking, you're wondering if that's the diagnosis you had right? Well to be honest with you, Syncope really is your diagnosis. But the cause of it, it's a lie. I know it but I can't tell it to your parents." 

"But why can't you tell them? Is it really horrible so much that it could disgrace our whole family?"

"I'm surprised you care so much about our family. But no it's not. It's something people wouldn't believe. And I'm sure you too won't accept it either."

"What do you mean?"

"That Syncope earlier, I checked your body and there's nothing wrong with it except your head, your mind. Is it possible you're recalling a past memory in past life which you forgotten all about?"

I was shocked and confused hearing what she said about the cause of my Syncope. Past Memory? Past life? What is she talking about? She saw the face I have which means I couldn't understand so she begin the explanation. She told me, 

"I know you won't understand. But it's like in the other books and animes, where a protagonists reincarnate into another world. You won't remember much, because you're reborn as a new person. But even being reborn as another person, your soul still has the memory of past you. And seeing you collapse meaning you are getting a hint of past memory."