Chapter 6

When I arrived at Mike's house the place was packed with clusters of gyrating bodies in every corner.

I tried to navigate through the crowd and make it to the kitchen where I found Mike pouring chips into a glass bowl.

I made my presence known and offered to help but he refused and suggested I make my way to the dance floor and have fun.

I didn't want to leave the kitchen because I didn't know anyone and it would've been awkward to just stand around whilst everyone socialized.

Mike made small talk and tried to get me comfortable. Soon enough, another person entered the room. She was a tall ginger with a slender figure and freckled face. She approached Mike and swiftly landed a slap on his shoulder.

She proceeded to tease him for taking too long to prepare snacks and introduced herself as his sister...Clara.

Clara was gorgeous. She looked like she'd stepped out of a Vogue catalogue. And I'm not even exaggerating, she was just flawless.

As the night progressed she made being in attendance much easier by peer pressuring me into drinking which overall made me lose some of my usual judgement.

Soon enough, I was drunk out of my mind and in the center of the dancefloor with Clara beside me.

I was giggling like an idiot as the loud music vibrated across my body and resonated in my temples.

We continued alternating between drinking and dancing until it was finally 3 am and the party was over.

I was exhausted, sweaty and reeked of alcohol.

I was surprised none of the neighbors had called the police. All the houses were fairly close to each other and there were quite a few elderly people who lived here.

I stumbled to stand and Clara and Mike helped me up. Since I lived across from Mike's, Clara offered to walk me over to ensure I didn't randomly pass out on the way there.

We made our way out of Mike's large and beautiful house and crossed the street to get home. I was dizzy and I'd developed some drunken limp walk.

Clara on the other hand walked perfectly normal, almost as if she didn't drink.

We had a quick chat on the way and finally we made it to my front door and I shakily attempted to insert my keys into the lock.

Clara bid me adieu and I waved her off. When I was finally able to unlock the door, I practically fell inside and all of the contents of my bag spilled on the floor.

"Shit!"

I decided that I'd clean the mess up after I'd taken a nap.

When I got up, I tried to looking for my couch. It was dark inside and I was too lazy to look for the light switch nor to go to my room.

So, I blindly approached the living whilst knocking shit over and grazing my leg on the coffee table.

"Ow!" I groaned.

Suddenly my arms were held on both sides and a cloth was placed over my mouth.

I didn't have time to process everything and my fight or flight response delayed by 30 seconds.

When I realized I was being kidnapped I started kicking and attempting to scream. My attackers just tightened their hold on me until I ran out of oxygen.

The last thing I saw were a pair of leather men's shoes before blacking out.