Chapter 8

A black bag was over my head as I was blindly escorted by two men. The plane had landed... somewhere and they were taking me to their boss.

I didn't know these people. I didn't understand what was going on.

I stumbled with every two steps that I took. This seemed to enrage one of my captors as he resorted to tightening his hold on me and hauling me forward.

We stopped abruptly and I was essentially thrown inside something. I landed face forward on leather cushions...car seats I presume.

Within minutes my captors entered on both sides and sandwiched me between them. The car engine roared and we were off.

I feebly attempted to adjust myself between them and create space but my wrists were bound. When a second attempt failed I resorted to begging.

"Please," I said, it sounded like a whisper.

I gestured my hands outward to signal  someone, anyone to at least undo the angry knots.

There was silence for a bit and I could only assume it was my captors contemplating undoing the confines.

Finally, one of them did but as soon as my wrists were free, they were snatched up by a large hand.

"Don't try anything Señora. I don't take kindly to provocation." A dark voice said.

I fervently nodded. What would I do? I didn't know where I was nor who I was with and I surely could not take on multiple grown men in a fight.

I had no idea what to expect.

The drive seemed to last eons. I was hungry and dehydrating fast but I knew nobody cared.

Replaying the past events coupled with the bag slowly asphyxiating me made my mind race.

Panic was coming at me fast. I started to hyperventilate...bad idea considering there was plastic already limiting the amount of oxygen available.

I started choking. Clearly my senseless distress disturbed my captors and the car stopped abruptly.

The door to my left opened and cold air rushed in. I was dragged out by my left arm and the bag was ripped off of me.

I desperately sucked in the new deposit of air.

I heaved as I tried to control my breathing. My eyes were blurred with hot tears as I wheezed.

I was on my knees with my head bowed as my breathing began to regulate. I had a chance to take a glimpse of my surroundings.

It looked like a desert. A fucking desert.

Two large leather shoes stood by side and my sight travelled up the perfectly polished slip-ons and up the legs of the man in them.

His face was blank as he stared at me. He seemed bored.

"Are you done being dramatic?" That voice was familiar. So he's the one who threatened me.

I looked up at him, wiping the tears that almost seemed to dry up at the sight of his hard face and nodded.

He bowed and lifted me up. I began to look around me. I was being escorted by a legion of men. 3 large sedans were parked on one side of the dirt road. The car that I came in had 4 men...all armed.

You'd think I were some dangerous criminal but I was just a girl. A silly girl.

"Vamos!" My hard faced captor shouted at his colleagues. Can you even call them colleagues?

I was pushed back inside the car and everyone assumed their previous position.

He turned to look at me, "Now behave. If you pull another stunt, you won't be awake when we arrive at
El fortaleza."

I nodded and looked ahead of me.

Within minutes we were back en route.