3

"R-really?" You ask, just as excited. She nods and helps you stand up.

"You ready?" She asks.

"Go ahead." You answer, giving her permission.

"You with nowhere to go and nowhere to return, I grant you a place to belong. My name is Kofuku. Bearing a posthumous name, you shall remain here. With this name, I make thee my servant."

She starts drawing a character in the air.

"With this name and it's alternate, I use my name to make thee a Regalia. Thou art Tandoku. As Regalia, Ando. Come, Aka!"

The name slams down behind your ear. You can start feeling a connection between Kofuku and yourself when a ringing, so loud, screams in your ear. You fall down in pain and clutch your ears as the name Kofuku gave you turns red and cracks.

She cries out, rushing over to help you. "(Y/N)! (Y/N)!" She cries. You feel something wet run from your mouth but you were too weak to wipe it. Hot tears stream down your cheeks before you pass out from the pain.

==

"Is she alright? Do you know what happened? Why did she start internally bleeding?" You wake up to Yukine's worried voice.

"Stop worrying. Your giving me blight." You hear Yato comment.

"We haven't quite figured out what happened. We do know now that she can't be claimed. I was really looking forward to her being a new edition of the family." Kofuku sighs.

"We can ask Bishamon's Regalia, Kazuma, for help." Daikoku comments.

"I'll go talk to him right away!" Yukine states. His footsteps get quieter as he runs outside. You wonder how Yukine will be able to get into the heavens when Yato doesn't have a shrine.

The door opens slowly and you glance over to see Yato coming in.

"Oh. You're awake." He says then sits down in the chair beside your bed. "I'm sorry for any inconveniences we have caused you." His voice sounds as if he practiced this line.

"It's fine. It was worth the try, y'know?" You laugh sarcastically then sigh sadly. "I had a God once. She was beautiful. Always tied her long, blue hair in a green ribbon. Never let anyone brush her hair but me. That only lasted two months. One of her Regalias started blighting her. No one could figure out who it was. It shouldn't have been hard, we had a small family. But it was never found out. She eventually became corrupted. She tried to release all of her Regalias... she could only save me." You clutch your elbows. "Why me? Why a newbie like me? She told me I was newly dead. You aren't supposed to tell your Regalias about their past right? At least that's what the other Regalias told me. Yet, I never worried about it. I was actually happy she told me."

"You should have been corrupted as well after she told you that." Yato states. You just shrug.

"Well here I am. The sole survivor."

Yato scratches his head. "Who was your God?" He asks me.

"Her name was Mei. [A/N that's the name I always use in fanfictions. Oops cx ]. You wouldn't have known her since she was a low class river God. Lots of people would unknowingly pay tribute to her by throwing money in her river. I'm glad they did." Yato opens his mouth to say something but was cut off with Yukine's entrance. Behind him was a boy with thick glasses and brown hair.

"Hello, Miss (L/N). I am Kazuma, Lady Bishamon's Regalia. I heard that you had some troubles last night?" He tells you.

"I tried to claim her but then she started screaming and coughing up blood. The name I wrote on her turned red then burst. It's like... there was a shield protecting her from becoming a Regalia." Kofuku answers for you. Kazuma pushes his glasses up with a frown. Silenced envelops us all. Finally Kazuma speaks up.

"I've heard of this in a book before."

==

I'm kind of winging this xD I have a faint idea as to what will happen to Y/N but it's very vague. Eheh heh heh.... whoops. -sweat drop- Sorry for Yato. He's so OOC. It's just he lost Hiyori in this story so I wanted him to be depressed but gradually return to his normal, sweaty hand-self. So bear with me? c: