8

"Come, Chi!" You scream and a dark red light empties from you hand. Soon, a black sword appears. It had red demonic writing on it and what looked like dried up blood.

"(Y/N), stop!" You look over at Kofuku to see her crying as well. "You can't!"

You give her a smile. "Gomen." Then you jump to the phantom. One of its eyes focuses on you as it munches on Yato.

"W-what are you doing, b-baka?" Yato splutters, coughing up blood. You ignore him as you begin to chant words that suddenly appear in your mind. The writing on your sword glows brightly. The phantom starts shaking in fear, dropping Yato in the process. It tries to run away but you grip your sword and stab it's eye. The wound starts to turn the same red as your sword, cracking and peeling. The thing starts to wriggle in pain but you don't stop stabbing it.

You start laughing which soon turn to hysterical tears as you plunge your sword into its body.

Soon, there was nothing left to hurt. The air was filled with red ashes, looking like snow dipped in blood. You fall from the creature, slam into the roof and slide down to the ground. You feel your arms burning and look down. They looked exactly like the phantom did, red and breaking.

"(Y/N)? (Y/N)?!" Yato yells, dragging his blighted body to you. He was about to touch you but you move away.

"It's just like blight. If you touch it, you'll get it. So please don't." Kofuku runs to you with holy water.

"T-this just needs to be cleaned right?" She cries. You push the bucket away.

"There's nothing you can do. Purify Yato." You rasp out as a shock of pain shoots through you. The cracking starts spreading to your chest, making it hard to breath. The reverted Yukine comes from the house with cloth for soaking the wounds in holy water. Yato pushes past his Regalia and the god so he can hug you.

"No... why you too?!" You can feel hot tears falling from his cheeks onto your chest.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." You try to keep your tears in. You begin to lose feeling of your arms and legs. The cracking reaches your face as you try to speak to Yato.

Don't forget me.

==