5

Credit to painter.

You quickly get dressed in the clothes set out for you then open the window. Being very quiet, you slip out, jump to the fence and start running when you slam into a body.

"Where are you going?" The body asks. You look up to see Yato.

"A walk." You move to the side and continue walking. Footsteps can be heard right behind you.

"Why are you following me?" You snap at him.

"I want to see where you're going. I'm interested in you now." He walks a little faster until you are side-by-side. "I also want to hear more about you and Hiyori."

"There isn't anything else to say. Plus, that's all I remember. When I died, I didn't even get any memories. I'm just off on what Mei told me." You explain. "Oh yeah, why are you obsessed with Hiyori?" Yato blushes lightly.

"We have... a history." You hear his voice get choked up.

"Tell me about it some day, kay?" He just nods and looks away. "By the way, I wasn't stealing clothes from her the other day. My mother keeps my clothes and knick knacks under her bed."

"Well sorry about assuming that you were." He sticks out his tongue and makes a silly face. You laugh at him.

"I'm glad things clears up between us. I don't know how much rivalry would happen between us." You joke.

"It would probably be over Yukine. He hasn't been this attached to someone since Hiyori..."

You give him a smile. "Well Yukine is a good kid. You should be proud of him."

"I am. I really am." You walk together in silence as the road leads to a sakura tree. The bare branches were dark against the bright, winter day. You walk up to it and see names carved into the tree.

"You sister made me and my archenemy come to a picnic with all our Regalia's. She was quite persuasive." He starts rambling to you about Hiyori. A pang of annoyance hits your stomach hard. Why are you always the one to not be noticed? Did you do something wrong?

"Hwaah! It feels great to talk to someone about her." Yato exclaims. You give him a fake smile and look away. You've always wanted to have a God. But on the other hand, you wanted to be consumed by the Phantoms. But that's your curse. You can never have a place. You will forever be by yourself, roaming the world in hopes of an end.

==

Uff. Dramatic. Yay Yato is coming back! I love it when he drinks beer or something and says "Hwaah~!" I find it so kawaii xD well that's it for this chapter.