9

"So you found out what would happen if you used the sword." She spoke.

"Yes. How did you keep the ancestry line for so long?" You ask.

"It's true, I did use the sword. But medicine back then was very effective when it came to the supernatural. I survived long enough to have a son and daughter, both of which had the curse in them. I didn't get to see them grow up."

You nod. "That must have been hard. Do you regret making the choice you did?"

"Sometimes. I'm glad to have spent that short time with Rin. But my wish has made my bloodline very miserable. Human beings are selfish, aren't they?"

"Indeed they are." You and she walk away from the river.

Don't forget me.

Those words bounce around in your head. You regret not being able to tell him those words. You regret being weak. You regret dying.

"If you want, go look at him. He's doing great." She whispers to you. With a small smile, you move towards the sakura tree where you became friends. He was standing there, in your favorite baggy sweatshirt, looking up at the blooming flowers.

"I'm sorry." You whisper to him. You hug him, yet he cannot feel it. But when you look back, he has a smile on his face.

"Don't worry. I won't." He says out loud. "There's no way I could forget you, (Y/N)."

==

And that's a wrap. Whew that was short xD I hoped you guys enjoyed this little fan fiction. I don't really think this would be considered a Yato x Reader would it? I mean there's barely any shipping going on. Well whatever cx

Ciao!