Chapter 7 : Old man, Cafe, Work

Hayashida's P.O.V

In the mirror world

"That was fun!"

As i stand on top of some broken rubble, i savour the feeling of fighting, the damage i took, the damage i did, and the expressions of everyone.

It was.... Abnormal.

"Ambriel... What happened to me?"

"What do you mean partner?"

"You know what i mean, when i was fighting... My personality warped... I started to enjoy it"

"Ah that! Yea, no idea, you were acting weird, maybe its just you finally letting go of your inner desires?"

"No, i never wanted to fight, i hated violence... Inflicting pain on other for joy is just.... Nasty"

I sit down on a rock and hold my head with one hand, i calm down my beating heart, the fight got my heart rate to skyrocket, it was annoying to feel.

After calming down, i look into the sky as i lay down, it was blue, since it was morning, Yoshino's ability made it rain so it was pretty hard to tell what the time was.

Ambriel floats on top of me, the face in it had a small frown, i thought she was disappointed or something, but it was far from it.

"Hey partner? You alright? You don't sound too happy about it..."

I look at Ambriel, and flick the mirror, she grabbed her forehead in the mirror, but i don't think she can feel it, probably acting, i smile at her and i sit back up.

"Yeah, i'm fine, i'm not going to think about it too much, it won't affect me, promise"

Ambriel flies around me with a big smile.

"That's my partner! Even when he's down he bounces back up again! Now cmon! Let's get out of here and have some fun!"

I nod and smile at Ambriel, we walked to a place far away from the rubble, the rules of this world are weird, if i break anything here it doesn't effect the outside world, but if its switched and i break something outside, this place will have it broken too.

Walking for a few minutes, i found an alleyway that seemed nice and quiet, it looked dark at least, i walk in and check my surroundings, finding a dumpster, i grab Ambriel and started going out of the mirror world.

Getting out, i dispelled my Astral Dress and changed into a hoodie and jeans, i walk out slowly.

Going out of the alley, tons of people have begun to walk around and do stuff, as if the space quake never happened.

I pulled up my hood and walked, not thinking where about where my legs are gonna take me, as i walk, the people around me reduced, until i was the only one walking in the street, my legs were tired the entire time for some reason, my head ....i suddenly feel tired, i put my hand against the wall and supported myself with it, i yawn and tried to hold back my sleepiness.

"Why do i fell... Sleepy?"

Ambriel, as a pendant, goes out of my hoodie and started glowing a bit.

"Ahh yea, i forgot about that, your powers need fuel, and that fuel is called Reiryoku, or spirit energy, in the last battle you used up quite a lot so you might feel tired or hungry"

"But i thought spirits don't need to rest?"

"Well yea, normally, but maintaining my form and going in and out of the mirror world does make the spirit energy cost suddenly go up, that's why your stomach growled when you met Shido with Yoshino remember? You summoned me in my true form and grabbed both Yoshino and her angel in the mirror world"