Chapter 18 : Preventive Measures, Arrival, Truth

Hayashida's P.O.V

It's the day we depart, Me, Ushi, and Mr. Hiiro arrive at the airport with our luggage, Kurumi came by just as we were about to go to the airport, i gave her the keys and she saw us off, not before hugging me though, that was weird, but also nice.

We were waiting in one of those cafe's in the airport, since we're going to go on the air plane that's used for the Raizen highschool students, so waiting in the cafe for them near the terminal should be fine.

I drink my coffee and smile at the taste, it was strong but also sweet, Mr. Hiiro sometimes gets angry at me since i like to drink coffee, since all i ever drink is coffee, barely any water, but i can't help it, i don't feel fatigue so i never get tired as long as i have enough spirit energy, so the only reason I'm drinking this is because of the taste.

Ushi takes out a chocolate bar from his bag and breaks one in half, he gives me the bar and i thank him, Ushi was focused on his laptop, he was wearing glasses since his eyesight is bad, i asked him what he was doing but he didn't answer me, he only said "preventive measures" and that's it.

I wonder what that's about?

"Kid, those friends of yours arrived, look"

I look behind the chair i was sitting on and saw students lining up in the airport, it was embarrassing to see them line up like in a marching band, but they eventually split off and did their own thing, we were going to fly in around an hour anyway.

As Shido, Tohka, and Origami talk, i stand up and sneakily walk over to them.

Without them noticing me, i sneaked up behind Shido and Tohka, seeing the opportunity, i put my hands on both of their shoulders and surprise them.

"SURPRISE!"

" "BWAAAAA!?!?" "

"BAHAHAH! nice reaction's both of you! Origami? Not soo much"

"Mirage.... What are you doing here?"

"Yikes, hostile already? Jeez i was just tagging along on this trip you know?"

"What do you mean?"

"My guardian over there" i pointed at Mr. Hiiro who was wearing a Hawaiian shirt and sunglasses, he looked at me and waved.

"He was curious about the island and pulled some strings to get here, so I'm joining you guys!"

All of them look at me with a dejected look, only Tohka was looking excited to see me, Shido was a bit surprised but seemed to accept it, and Origami.... Well, i guess she couldn't forget about the beating she had, she's staring daggers at me, sheesh.

"Well anyway, want some coffee?"

"May i?"

Out of nowhere, Reine comes up to us wearing a school uniform, a nurses one at that.

"Sure, I'm guessing you want the usual?"

"Double espresso"

"Yikes, rough day?"

"No, just preventive measures"

"Whatever you say, you three coming?"

I look at the three, Origami was already angry and doesn't want to come, and Shido and Tohka already found a bread store that caught their interest too, i sigh and walk with Reine to the cafe.

As we walked, Reine nudges my shoulders.

"What's up?"

"There's something you need to know.."