Try (and fail)

March 29

Did you know that 90% of cardiac arrest victims outside of a hospital die? I mean, you probably did, because you are me, but I tend to forget things a lot. Unless if they're unimportant, in which case, I always seem to remember them.

The point is, if I were to be alone and suddenly go into cardiac arrest, the chances of me surviving would be very slim.

So, the real question is: should I purposefully isolate myself?

And for a plethora of reasons, the answer is yes.

~~~

The next day of school was... odd.

Conversations between the trio progressed as they normally would, but there was some sort of weird feeling within it all. Like the air was stale, or something.

Though, that might've just been because of the lousy air conditioning that their school had to offer.

Nevertheless, things were tense between the three. Marcy wished that they could somehow fix it, but they weren't really sure what they could do to make things better.

"Oversized-shirt thief, you in there?" Sasha knocked on Marcy's skull, causing them to jolt upright. They hadn't even noticed themself start to lean onto Sasha's shoulder.

Marcy took a moment to reevaluate the situation. It was just after school, they were sitting on a bench in a nearby park, talking to each other. "Sorry... just thinking."

"About me?" Anne asked, flirtatiously.

"You phrased that as a joke, but quite literally, yes, I was thinking about you."

"Oh..." Anne said, slightly startled at Marcy's bluntness.

"I wasn't thinking about you exclusively; I was thinking of myself and Sasha, as well."

"You were thinking of us three? How romantic," Anne commented. "Speaking of romantic, have I told you what my mom said yesterday?"

"You did not; please elaborate."

"Well, she asked me how school went and I told her that you yahoos were acting weird and she said 'sounds like they're trying to tell you that they're dating' and I was like 'yeah, right' and she just shrugged and said 'I dunno, they sound like they're a couple,' so that was kinda weird, right?"

Marcy and Sasha stared at each other. 

"..."

"What?"

More silence ensued.

"Oh my God, there's no way."

"Anne-" Sasha started.

"You two are actually dating?!"

"Well, yeah, but-"

"This is crazy, I can't believe this!"

"There's more to it than-"

"Why didn't you tell me?!"

"Will you let me finish a sentence?"

"Yes, sorry."

"At the sleepover," Sasha began, "things got a bit... interesting. After a while we-" Sasha looked at Marcy for confirmation, in which they nodded subtly. "-we kissed and then we talked about how we like each other..."

"Holy shit."

"There's more." Sasha waited for Anne to respond somehow, but she seemed frozen in shock. "We talked about how we like each other, but we also talked about how we both... like you."