Eventuality

As Marcy sat at the kitchen eating lunch with their two girlfriends, they thought back to the beginning of it all.

It had started out as a simple yearning for connection, a simple plea for two people they admired to notice them, and now, here they were, laughing amongst themselves, talking about whatever came to mind.

"Marbles, what was that one video game called again?" Anne asked innocently, catching Marcy completely off guard, abruptly ending every train of thought that Marcy started, and now hundreds of mental passengers were left stranded in the middle of the countryside of Marcy's mindscape.

"Huh?" was the only thing Marcy knew how to reply with. What were they talking about before they started to zone out?

"There you are." Anne smiled sweetly, causing Marcy's heart to skip a beat because how did the universe manage to pair Marcy with such a cute girl? "It's always fun coming up with new ways to get you out of your head."

"But... I like my head."

"So do we, goofball, but you spend too much time there," Sasha remarked.  She, too, was smiling at Marcy. And she, too, was incredibly cute. "What were you thinking about, anyway?"

"Oh... nothing important." Marcy's cheeks turned a very subtle shade of pink because of course they were snapped back into reality while thinking about how incredibly gay they are for the two girls that sat in front of them.

"We're not important to you then?" Sasha dramatically gasped, feigning utter offense.

"What- How'd you know I was thinking about you?"

"Probably because the average person doesn't usually start blushing uncontrollably while staring at a plate of food and listening to a conversation about Spotify ads."

"I guess that's fair." Marcy didn't even try to defend themself, they were caught red-faced, and clearly that was an indication of their adoration for their girlfriends.

"Yes, yes, I'm a very fair person."

"I take back what I said before. You are most definitely a Leo."

"Have you ever experienced something similar to euphoria?" Anne asked.

"I'm not sure. I've never seen it; I don't have HBO Max," Marcy replied, a subtle smirk painted across their face. Anne rolled her eyes. "In all seriousness though, I think maybe? I know I've felt gender euphoria before, but I'm not sure if that's what you were asking. Unless, it was?"

"I guess... I meant more like... have you ever experienced a time where you just felt absolutely elated? Like, better than you have in a while and you kinda just... felt good?"

Marcy paused for a moment. "This may sound incredibly sappy, but I feel euphoric whenever I'm around you and Sasha. You guys make me feel better about myself."

"Awww, that's really cheesy." Anne scooted closer to her significant other. "Good thing I'm not lactose intolerant." She rested her head on Marcy's shoulder.

"Actually, I must've misspoke. I feel great around Sasha, not you. Sorry for the confusion."

"Hey! I'm a joy to be around, thank you very little."

"Mhm, I'm sure." Despite having silently vowed to despise Anne for the rest of their life, Marcy rested their head on top of Anne's.

The two were sitting on the couch in Marcy's living room. Sasha was supposed to be there, but, naturally, she was running behind by about... 72 minutes. Honestly, at this point, Marcy and Anne should just invite Sasha to events an hour prior to when it starts.