Vengeful

Chapter 20

*Please read Author's Note at the end ❤*

My gaze hardens on the gun now pointed directly at my face. I take a deep breath, remembering what Argent told me about being calm.

*

"Why do you have a gun here?" I ask staring at the lethal object sitting on the table.

"It's not real. We use it to train new hunters." Argent says while taking the punching bag down.

"Am I going to use it?"

"Did you forget that you're a Werewolf? You don't need to use a gun. You're fighting against hunters, right? You need to learn to disarm them." He takes the gun and lifts it up toward me.

"Woah, that's um- terrifying." I clear my throat looking away from the barrel pointed at my face.

"I won't hurt you. But you need to get used to having a gun pointed at you. If you freeze or panic you're dead. A bullet will move much faster than you can."

"Are you sure about that?" I joke, still keeping my gaze away.

"Right now, yes. But when you're actually looking at the gun, then no."

It's not real. It can't hurt you. I cautiously bring my gaze back up to the metal barrel, trying to control my heartbeat.

"That's better." He lowers the gun and hands it over to me. "Now point it at me." I feel the weight of the weapon in my hand before bringing it up and pointing it at him. Within seconds, the gun ends up in his hands.

I cradle my pained wrist and look up at him in amazement, "Never thought you'd be able to take a gun from a Werewolf."

*

I hastily bring my hands forward. One knocks her wrist to the side while the other grabs the barrel and twists it out of her hand. With the gun successfully in mine, I gaze down at her with a smile on my lips.

"No guns." I release the magazine and toss it into the far corner of the room. While my gaze is somewhere else, I notice her moving from the corner of my eye. I duck just in time as a lamp goes flying over my head, crashing into the wall.

I whip my head back to see her charging at me. I curl my hand into a fist and deliver a hard blow to her face. She freezes before falling back to the floor. Blood flows down her face from her eyebrow. I flick my claws out and begin advancing towards her when something catches my eyes.

I stop moving and look down at my hands to see the dark claws have come back. I curl my hands into fists and try to focus on my breathing. After a few moments, I release my fists to see my normal claws.

I turn my attention back to her to see her scurrying herself backward, trying to escape, "Not so fast." I move in front of her and place my weight on her legs.

She lets out a huff and rests her back against the wall, "I see you take after your uncle."

"What's so wrong with that?" I seethe whispering in her ear. "But you see, I'm not going to kill you. I'm not going to stoop to your level."

A smirk appears on her lips, "But you want to, don't you? You want to see me bleed out and die right before you. I can see in your eyes. It's the same look your uncle has."

"You're wrong. I don't want to kill you. But you will get what's coming to you." I stand up and pull my phone from my pocket.

"You're gonna call the police on me. You're pathetic. You're nothing but a kid."