[21]

{Iwaizumi's POV}

We were spread out all over Atsumu's living room floor, everywhere between the couches covered in piled up blankets and pillows. It might have been the most comfortable thing i'd ever laid on...

The television was playing a movie in the background, but we were still playing board games—specifically monopoly.

"I CANT STOP LANDING ON THE RAILROAD SAKKUN OWNS WHAT" Oikawa screamed, and I angrily rolled the dice.

"Eight, okay, just... oh good no, nO- ITS TRASHYKAWAS PROPERTY!" I frowned.

"Ha, suck it loser!" he yelled back at me.

"Oh oops, miscounted" I said, landing on the "just visiting" section of the jail.

"God, you are one lucky dude" Sakusa said. He grabbed the dice, practically throwing them across the board. "Really? 5?" he sighed, moving the hat down the board.

"Money, Omi, hand it over! That's my property." Atsumu stuck his hand out and Sakusa groaned.

"Honestly, how do you manage to annoy me every time?"

"Magic, buddy boy!" he yelled, smiling.

"What..?" I gave Atsumu a look that read yeah-no-that-wasn't-even-a-reasonable-answer.

"Okay, uh, next question-" Atsumu said, laughing.

———————

Oikawa had fallen asleep, and you could tell Atsumu was close to. He was holding on to me, his arms around my waist. I had my arm around his head, and I could feel his breathing becoming slower.

"Hey, Iwaizumi?" Sakusa asked softly, eyes not leaving the television.

"Yeah?" I responded just as quietly, careful not to alert Atsumu.

"How did you- ugh. How did you know you fell for two people?" he asked, voice almost shy.

"Oh god, i'm probably not the right person to ask that," I laughed lightly.

"Oh no it's okay, I was j-"

"No, I'll answer, it just might not make any sense."

"Oh, uh- okay, thanks" he said. I nodded.

"I'm not too sure. I knew I had fallen for Oikawa, we were dating. But then I started getting the same feeling for him," I nodded to the sleeping Atsumu next to me. "Like I could be absolutely anyone and he'd still care about me. Like I could be myself around him. It's an almost ineffable feeling, you know? Falling deeper and deeper into your mind until your subconscious finally tells your conscious you have romantic feelings for them. It's a good feeling, but also a scary one. I didn't know if Oikawa felt the same way, or if he was willing to be in a relationship with two people."

He stared at me, almost in awe. "That was- actually a really good explanation. Thanks again."

I nodded, laying my head back down on the pillow and watching the movie I couldn't remember the name of.

"Hey, Iwaizumi?" I heard again, this time a little closer to me.

"Yeah?" I sat up slowly, careful not to wake Atsumu.

Suddenly, he was right there in front of me. I felt frozen in place, his eyes just staring right into mine.

Then he kissed me.

It was short, and he seemed very hesitant, but I was shocked to say the least.

"Oh god- I should've asked, that was such a dick move, I'm sorry- oh god what did I do-" he started to ramble, and I finally regained my senses.

I started laughing, quietly, and he looked at me like I was insane.

"What-?"

"God, you read my mind."

"Wait, hold on- what?" he asked. I just smiled at him. "Are you saying what I think you're saying?"

"Probably, but I can't be sure. What exactly do you think I'm saying?"

"Uh-... did that mean anything to you? Positively, I mean." He looked like he didn't want the answer, and felt a little sympathetic.

"Yeah, it did."

"And you're not messing with me, like a joke or something?"

"Of course not- that would be really messed up, I'm not that low." I gave him another smile, and he returned it.

"Okay, uh.. I won't say anything, not yet. Maybe just forget this happened until we can bring it up again," he said. I nodded.

"Gotcha.. I think I'm gonna get some sleep now. 'Night." He hummed in response, and I payed back down with Atsumu, laying my head right below his.

Oh god, that was hot.

———————

659 words??

kiss scene??

i delivered today, just saying...

even if it did take me an hour and a half to finish...

🤭

-ollie <3