Chapter 8: The Sad Goodbye

Hey guys! This is what happens after Sophie, Biana and Marella come running into the Healing Centre. Hope you guys enjoy! Love you guys! 💕

Keefe POV

I heard the door bang open and see Sophie, Biana and Marella running in. Marella walks over to where Wylie and Linh are and starts to comfort her, Biana goes over to Tam and silently cries. Sophie cautiously walks over to Fitz, spots his bandaged chest collapses to the ground.

"What happened?" Sophie sobs to Dex.

He looked away and said, "the Neverseen attacked during training," he said with a tear sliding down his cheek. With that being said I got up and hugged Sophie.

"Hey, hey, it's gonna be okay," I told her looking at Elwin. He shook his head and went to get more medicine. 

"He's gonna live Sophie, Fitz is a fighter! He will get through this!" I told her. I allowed her to lean on me and I stroked her hair. All of a sudden we heard a choking sound coming from Fitz.

"FITZ! FITZ! IT'S OK! STAY WITH ME! FITZ! FITZ!!" Sophie shouted, she was in tears now and when I tried to comfort her, she pushed away and tried to calm Fitz down. Nothing she tried would stop Fitz from choking. 

"ELWIN! ELWIN! ELWIN!" I shouted, shaking hard.

"ELWIN!? COME NOW! FITZ IS CHOKING!!" Sophie yelled and Elwin came running out of his office and poured multiple elixirs down Fitz's throat. Within seconds, Fitz lay still and his chest rose up and down. Sophie breathed out and clung to Fitz's hand like it was the only thing left in the Elven world. "What happened to him?" She asked in a small voice.

"His airways got blocked off," Elwin told her. "Nothing to worry about anymore," he added with a smile. It looked a bit forced because his eyes were filled with worry. 

"Hey Soph? We should probably let Fitz, Wylie and Tam sleep," I told Sophie.

"I don't need to rest anymore!" Wylie said from his bed. Elwin came rushing out of his office and starting flashing different colour balls around him. "I'm fine Elwin!" He exclaimed.

"Ok! For once I believe someone when they say 'I'm fine Elwin!' You are cured!" Elwin said, nodding. He helped Wylie get out of the bed and Linh helped him stand. After drinking multiple elixirs, Wylie was able to stand on his own. 

"Thanks Elwin!" He said smiling at Elwin. Elwin nodded and went over to Tam. After forcing him to swallow special elixirs, Tam was upright and comforting a crying Biana.

"Hey, hey. I'm ok!" He told her. He lifted her chin and planted a small kiss on her forehead.

"I thought I was going to lose you," she said, sobbing into Tam's shoulder.

"I know. I did too, but I am hear now though, right?" He told her stroking her hair. I looked at Sophie and Fitz. Sophie was stroking Fitz's hand and quietly begging him to wake up.

Sophie POV

I sat stroking Fitz's hand begging him to wake up and prove he will be ok.

(Fitz is underlined and Sophie is italic)

Sophie? I heard Fitz's voice faintly in my head. Sophie? I hear again and my head snaps up and I look at Fitz. His voice is faint, very faint.

Yeah?  I asked.

Hey! Tell me what's going on right now, he told me. I looked around. I realised everyone is staring at me with raised eyebrows. Especially Elwin and Keefe.

Well, everyone is staring at me wanting to know what's going  on, I told him.

Ok, he told me. Well, tell me if anything... His mind fell silent.

Fitz? Fitz? FITZ?!?! Fitz, please wake up! Fitz! FITZ! I pleaded then something popped up in his mind. It was him leaping in front of Dex to save him from a beam of light that must of came from Ruy. I sucked in a breath when I saw that flashback.

That's why I am lying stuck in this bed, Fitz said.

Were you reading my mind? I asked him with a smile.

Maybe. But Sophie, listen, I might not make it, you know that right? That beam hit me right in the chest. It is taking most of my energy to transmit to you. But you won't be alone. Biana, Keefe and the others, they will be distraught too! But promise me this, no matter if I make or don't, promise me you will not let this break your mind? Fitz pleaded.

Ok, I agreed. I love you Fitz. I told him.

I love you to Sophie, after he said that, his head lolled over and his chest fell still.

"NO! NO! NO! FITZ!" I cried. I heard other people in the room crying as well. Elwin rushed over to Fitz and started flashing multiple different colours and his chest.

He took a deep breath and told us, "I am sorry. He is gone," and started to get teary eyes too. I started crying and Keefe wrapped me up in a big hug. I snuggled up to him and he stroked my hair.

"Hey, it's gonna be ok!" He told me, but he was holding back tears as well.