Chapter 12 - Awakened

This chapter is after Dex wakes up from being brought back from his mind being shattered. Also quick question, who is your favourite KOTLC ship? Hope you enjoy this chapter!

Bridie and Ellie

Dex POV

I open my eyes and see Sophie and Mr Forkle standing in front of me. 

"Hey," Sophie says with a small smile. I smile back. I try to speak but my brain is still coming back into reality. "Don't try to speak. You're not strong enough yet," she told me.

Elwin rushed over to me and did multiple checks on my head. "You need rest Dex. Everyone please exit and we can have a conversation outside," he announced. Sophie gave a small wave to me and then she followed everyone out.

Sophie POV

Once everyone was out of Dex's room, the councillors started making plans.

"How do we protect people who were hurt from this loss from the coming up events?" Councillor Zarina asked.

"What events are coming up?" Councillor Darek wondered.

"Miss Vacker's Willowing Gala is coming up in a week," Councillor Alina told him.

"And Mr Vacker's planting," added Councillor Emery. The mention of Fitz brought a painful silence. No one knew what to say.

Oralie broke the silence. "Do we give all of Miss Foster's friends more bodyguards?"

"We should put bodyguards in every public place so everyone is safe," Councillor Terik said. While the Councillors were making plans, my mind was stuck on the fact that Dex was back.

Elwin stumbled into the room and whispered something into Mr Forkle's ear.

Elwin wants you to go into Dex's room. He needs your assistance to do a few more complexed checks to see if Dex is better. Mr Forkle transmits to me. I nod and head into Dex's room.

"Hey Sophie. I need you to enhance me to make sure that Dex won't have his sanity shattered again," Elwin tells me. I nod and take off my gloves and turn off the fingernail gadgets Tinker made me. Elwin takes my hand and gasps. He mumbles something under his breath and I think he said 'this is not what I thought Sophie enhancing me would feel like!'

Elwin does a couple of checks on Dex's head and a few on his limbs and bones. "Elwin? Is everything ok?" I ask nervously.

Elwin's face crack into a grin and then he tells me, "Dex is fine. He needs a few weeks of recovery and mediation. He will need to be sedated so I can work on getting a few memories back but he will be fine," he says. I smile to and rush out of the room to tell everyone the news. Once I finish, everyone in the room is celebrating and smiling. Dex is back! He will be ok! He woke up!

Sorry this chapter is short. We didn't know what else to write. Hope you enjoyed it! We will try to make the next chapter longer. Thanks for reading! Love you guys!

Bridie and Ellie!