Chapter 10 - A Broken Mind

This chapter will be an upsetting chapter for those of you who love Dex. But it will get better. Hope you enjoy.

Dex POV

Why did you let him jump infront of you? Why?  I hate seeing Sophie be upset. It's all my fault. Wonderboy is gone! Sophie's congnate, gone! Sophie's crush, gone! A member of our friend group, gone! And it's all because of me! I was useless in that fight! I thought.

"AAAAGGGHHH!!" I scream.

"Dex? Are you ok? I heard you scream all the way downstairs," my mum asked as she poked ear head into the room.

"I'm fine. Leave me alone," I tell her. I was looking at the floor. I heard her sigh. I felt something cold land on my head. "Watch it!" I growl.

"Dex, sweetie, look at me," my mum said. I ignore her. "Dex?" She tries again.

"I told you mum, LEAVE ME ALONE!" I yell at her.

"I will, after you look at me," My mum said sternly.

"No," I say.

"Dexter Alvin Dizznee! You look at me this instant!" My mum never called me by my full name, ever!

"What?" I turn and look at her with a frown on my face.

"It's not your fault you know? He was brave to save you. Remember how you dispised eachother a few years ago? He saved someone who hated him and he hated back in the day. You get that, right?" My mum told me.

"Whatever, now go away!" I told her. She sighed but didn't argue. Then she left and I fell asleep in my training clothes.

================================================================================

Time skip to morning

Sophie POV

I wake up with the sun on my face. I must of forgotten to close the shades last night. I get off my bed and walk over to my desk. I have written down my morning to do list on a sheet of paper. Biana's mind must be getting to me.

"One: get up. Two: have a shower. Three: get changed. Four: brush hair. Five: Go downstairs for breakfast. Six: feed Iggy. Seven: morning check in with Fitz," I read. The last one hurts a lot. I cross out seven and do the other six things on the list. I was getting ready to go over to Linh and Tam's house when my imparter rings. "Juline Dizznee? Why would she be calling?" I whisper to myself. "Hey Juline! What's up?" I answer with a smile that may have been a bit forced.

"Sophie, hey! Sorry did I wake you?" Juline asked.

"No, no! I have been up a while. So what's wrong?" I tell her.

"I hailed all of your friends and the councillors over just then, and I also hailed Sir Tiergan, so can you hurry over?" She says hurriedly.

"Umm, sure. Give me one minute to tell Grady and Edaline where I am going, then I will leap over as soon as I can. See you soon," I tell her.

"Bye!" Juline says then when her image flashed away I sprinted downstairs, told my parents where I am going, then hurried up the stairs again to the leap master. I leap to the Dizznee's house and a thought hit me while I was trudging up a hill.

Why didn't Dex hail me? Wait! Is something wrong with Dex?! Shoot! Why didn't I think of this before. I hurry up my pace and burst through the door of the Dizznee's place.

"Sophie! Thank goodness! Dex's mind is broken!" Juline says as she throws her arms around me.

"Shivers!" I say. My best friend might be gone forever if I don't heal him soon. "Where is he?" I ask quickly. Juline motioned for her to follow her upstairs.

"In here," She says with tears rolling down her cheeks. I open the door and see Dex lying down on his bed not moving other than his chest going up and down. "Please help him," Juline pleaded.

"I will," I promise.

Haha! Cliffhanger! Sorry it's short. We just wanted this massive cliffhanger at the end. We will try and publish a new chapter soon! Hope you enjoyed it.

Your Authors,

Bridie and Ellie