Chapter 1

"AHHHH!!" Danny screams almost falling off the couch in the living room. He steadies himself and dives for his phone.
"Hello?" Sam says.
"Hey Sam! Hi Danny!" Tucker adds.
"Sam! Tucker!" Danny yells. "Did you see the news!" Danny is now sprinting up the stairs.
"What's on the news?" Tucker finally says. He pulls the phone away from his ear as Danny's door closes loudly.
"What happened?" Sam asks like she already knows.
"Freak Show..." Danny says shakily, "was released from jail..."
"What?" Tucker responds trying to sound surprised.
"Oh my god!" Danny says, "you guys knew!"
"Uh..." Sam and Tucker say together.
"Guys! How could you keep this from me!" Danny is now pacing in his room.
"It was a... Uh..." Tucker pauses. "A geek-goth secret. Only geeks and goths can know..." Tucker knew he wasn't fooling anyone.
"HOW COME YOU DIDNT TELL ME!?" Danny yells.
"Well it wasn't easy!" Sam says. "We had to turn off the news and make sure nobody told you about 'Circus Dark'..."
"Circus Dark?" Danny exclaims. "There letting that control freak put on another circus!"
"This ones on you, Sam..." Tucker says.
"Don't worry, Danny." Sam says ignoring Tucker. "We will come over and protect you."
"NO!" Danny says almost dropping his phone. "Stay there! Don't come near me."
"But we can help you-" Sam starts.
"NO!" Danny interrupts. "Sam, Tucker i almost killed you! Sam twice!"
"Fine. Then we won't help!" Sam hangs up abruptly.
"Sorry dude." Tucker says and he hangs up too. Danny lies in his bed... Alone.
"Knock, knock." Jazz says as she opens the door. Danny groans.
"What do you want, Jazz?" Danny says. Jazz comes in and sits next to the lying down Danny.
"To see if your... Ok..." Jazz says.
"About what!? Why wouldn't I be ok!?" Danny asks nervous. He jumps off of his bed.
"Well," Jazz rubs her arm. "Because... There's... a ..."
"A what!?" Danny bites his nails.
"A ghost controlling ringmaster on the loose." Jazz smiles awkwardly.
"How do you know about Freak Show?"
"Danny, it wasn't exactly a secret. You were on the news and plus, mom and dad were at the protest. They knew all about his"ghost controlling scepter."
"Ugh!" Danny cries. "Is there anything else Sam and Tucker didn't tell me!"
"Danny what are you-"
"Going ghost!" Danny cries, interrupting his sister. Right as the ring finished transforming him, Danny Phantom flew through the ceiling. Jazz sighs and leaves his brothers room to see her parents charging towards her.
"Jazzy bear!" Jack cries to his daughter. "Get out of the way!"
"We have found suspicious ecto-activity in our house" Maddie finishes.
"Really?" Jazz scratches her head nervously. "I haven't noticed any ecto-ness around our house."
"Really?" Jack says in a deep whisper. "That's the worst kind." Beeping starts from the gadget Jack was holding.
"What's that?" Jazz says trying to change the subject.
"We call it the ecto-location-finder. Or the ELF for short." Jack stares at the small thing. It was only the size of a phone, but it did have a huge satellite sticking out of it.
"Oh dear!" Maddie exclaims. "There's a ghost at Sam's house!"
"Right! We have to get over there right away!" Jack and Maddie leave the hall in seconds.
"Oh no!" Jazz screams. "Danny!"
~~~
"Hello Danny..." Mrs. Nansen Groans.
"Hey." Danny Fenton says. "Is Sam home?"
"No." Mrs. N shuts the door hard. As Danny turns into a ghost and was about to fly away, he heard rock music coming from Sam's room. He fazes through the house and finds Sam listening to music in her room.
"Hey!" Danny says angrily. Sam jumps and Danny becomes visible.
"Normal friends use doors, Danny!" Sam whines as she turns off the music
"Normal friends also don't keep things from other friends." Danny flys above Sam. "Like the fact that a certain nosey sister knows about an evil ringmaster that controlled me with a magic staff?"
"NORMAL FRIENDS DONT HAVE THIS PROBLEM!" Sam says stretching her arms out to the side. Danny sighs an turns invisible.
"Danny wait!" Sam calls. Danny reappears.
"Listen!" Danny says angrily, "You may not like this life, but it's mine. And if you don't like it then maybe we should stop being friends!" Sam looks shocked.
"Well then fine!" Sam yells. "We are not friends anymore Danny! You are so involved in Danny Phantom that you forgot all about Danny Fenton. All Jazz, Tuck and I are doing is trying to protect you! We know how Freak Show controlled you! We know how scared you are Danny! But that's not a reason to push us all away! This isn't making anything better!"
"Sam! Had it ever occurred to you that i hate almost killing you?Having no control over my actions? Robbing banks? ALMOST KILLING EVERYONE I LOVE? You are acting like it's no big deal, but it is!" Danny fist are now glowing green. "I knew what I was doing! And that thing made me feel like it was right! That me hurting you and Tucker was a good thing. " Danny calms down and turns around.
"Danny... I..." Sam starts reaching for her friends. He sees her and turns intangible, and watched her fall onto the foot of her bed.
"Sam you don't understand that you being near me is the worst thing for you." Danny stays intangible. "And for me." Danny leaves the house through the roof and glues away.
"Danny..." Sam sighs. She looks at her phone. Grabbing it, she calls Tucker. It goes to voice mail and all she says is that she needs to talk to him. She can hear Jack and Maddie downstairs arguing with her parents about ghosts. It stops abruptly. Then, someone knocks on her door.
"Come in." Sam moans. The door clicks, opening to reveal a white face.
"Hello, Samantha." The ringmaster chuckles. "So good to see you again."
~~~
Danny flys home to see his bedroom covered in black burn marks. He changes into a boy and walks around.
"I tried to stop them." Jazz says as she enters. "But they thought there was a ghost in here."
"There not wrong." Danny says wiping off his bed. Danny sits and sulks.
"I guess the talk with Sam didn't go so well." Jazz says.
"I guessing this talk won't go much better." Danny mumbles in reply.
"What happened?" Jazz says, comforting.
"Let's just say I lost a friend." Danny rolls over so he's lying on his side. "And most likely two."
"Danny," Jazz clears throat, due to the debris in his room. "Please tell me."
"You won't understand." Danny sighs. "Being controlled, I couldn't do anything to stop myself. And worst part is, I didn't want to. Everything is for the better, is what I kept telling myself. Destroying my life was simple. Like robbing those banks or cutting the rope." Danny got up, and stretches.
"Danny," Jazz says. "Your right."
"Huh?" Danny replies in confusion.
"I don't understand. And I never will. But I can guess how it might have felt. Feeling out of control sucks. Why do you think I always try to feel in control?"
"Easy for you to say." Danny sighs. "Most people don't find you certifiably insane."
"What!?" Jazz says.
"You heard me."
"Who called you 'certifiably insane'?"
"Everyone."
"Danny nobody thinks that..."
"I heard you talking to my friends, mom and dad when Youngblood was torturing me." Danny grits his teeth. "Those words were used exactly to describe me."
"I don't-"
"Remember?" Danny finishes. "I know. You used it so casually that it didn't faze you to remember."
Jazz opens her mouth to say something, just to be cut off by the doorbell.
"Danny!" Maddie yells, "Jazz! Will you come down here!"
"Swell!" Danny exclaims sarcastically. "Just what I need, visitors." Danny leaves the room and Jazz follows him. As they walk down the stairs, Danny freezes. He can't move. And that starts to set in.
Freak show is at the door.
"Danny," Jazz whispers in his ear. "He doesn't know your identity, remember?" Danny keeps walking, his eyes plastered open.
"Good evening, Mr. and Mrs. Fenton." Freak Show smiles, "and to you too, Danny."