Chapter 2

"So..."Maddie says. They are all sitting in the living room. Freak Show hade made himself at home, leaning back on the couch like this was normal. His black long coat was open, revealing a red vest and a shiny, red necklace. Danny on the other hand couldn't sit still. He was jitteriness and constantly getting up to go get a drink.
"Freak Show," Jazz says.
"Please," The ringmaster says. "Call me Fredric."
"Can I call you a control freak?" Danny mumbles into his cup. Jazz elbows him.
"So I hear you have a new circus!" Jazz continues.
"Yes, yes. Very exciting. It's going to be completely dark in the tent. And all the performers will be covers head to toe in glowing paint."
"Are you sure glowing paint works on ghosts?" Danny says. Everyone looks at him in shock.
"You would know a lot about that, wouldn't you." Fredric laughs.
"So you visited the Nansens' before coming here." Maddie says. Jack is titling with a gadget
"Yes. A quick visit to say sorry. And first handily apologize to Samantha, but se was so tired. Are any of you tired? Because I'll leave." Freak Show looks at Danny. As he looked around, Danny's eyes stop moving. And for a moment, he stops seeing. The world goes blurry. Colors are beginning to mix, and so are sounds. Danny becomes dizzy. He can feel himself fall off of the couch but he can barely make out what people are saying.
Then the world goes black.
~~~
"Danny!" Jazz exclaims as her brother wakes up. "I'm so happy you're alright!"
"Uh." Danny groans. "What happened? My head is killing me!"
"You tell us!" Maddie says, only her head poking in. "One second your ok, the next you're on the floor, passed out!" Maddie leaves, closing the door as she goes.
"And Freak Show?" Danny says, turning to Jazz.
"He left, said he didn't want to intrude." Jazz looks at the door. "He gave us all free Circus Dark tickets. Mom and Dad want to go and patrol, making sure he doesn't use any ghosts. I'll go and make sure everything ok from a ghost-friend stand-point."
"Jazz," Danny starts, his voice weak. "I have to leave."
"What?" Jazz says. "Why?"
"He'll have to move towns to look for me. Amity Park will be safer if I'm gone."
"Danny. You can't..."
"Jazz," Danny goes ghost. "I'm going." He leaves, without another word.
The truth was Danny was not leaving. He was going to spy on Circus Dark. He would be in, then out. Nothing big. Staying intangible and invisible the entire time. As he approached the train station, he saw the tent. It was the Circus Gothica tent, just painted over. He flew inside.
"Freak Show wasn't kidding." Danny thinks. "This place is so dark I can barely see my hand."
"Yes." Said a voice behind him. "You might say it's pitch black, little badger."
"Vlad Plasmius?" Danny screams. He can't see a thing.
"Of course fool!" Vlad shoots Danny in the chest with his purple ray. "Who. Else."
"Freak Show's controlling you too?" Danny is his again.
"No," Vlad grabs Danny, but Danny still can't see. "Fredric works for me." Danny is thrown off to the side, his body feeling limp. The lights slowly come on, to reveal Freak Show staring at him too. He holds the staff, without the crystal ball on top.
"I don't understand..." Danny says, his heart pounding.
"Vlad And I went on joint business together." The ringmaster circles Danny like a vulture. "He paid for my new circus, so now we get to watch you listen to whatever we tell you to do."
"How?" Danny wished that he didn't say that as soon as it left his lips.
"This little necklace right here." Vlab points to the ringmaster's neck where a small shard of glass hung. "It's from the crystal ball, Daniel."
"So when I got dizzy..." Danny gets up. The area looks exactly like circus Gothica.
"That's right." Fredric chuckles. "And why you're here today. I am no longer just controlling you. With a little improvement, I am now hypnotizing you."
"Only ghosts though." Danny coughs, pretending to still be weak.
"On the nose, Daniel." Vlad laughs.
"Ok." Danny looked up. "Cool." He then releases his ghostly wail.
"Stop." Freak Show says. Danny's wail starts to die down until it hits a halt. He falls to the ground.
"Get up." Freak Show laughs. "I'm not finished with you."
"Yes," Danny gets up. "Master."