DIFFERENCES BETWEEN PARENTS AND CHILDREN

Parents generally have a hard time understanding what their children feel and think and consequently believe that their children are "spoiled"; even if they are not because they have not put themselves in the shoes of their children to see what they feel, think and want. The same thing happens with children, they cannot understand their parents' way of proceeding and it is because both parents and children find it difficult to be in each other's shoes and they do not see that they can reach an understanding to reach to know and get along with each other and that is exactly what happened to all of them; regardless, of whether they get along well or badly with each other, it was hard for them to understand why. And in part the fact that parents and children cannot understand each other or that there is no type of communication, is due to the fact that parents spend more time working than being at home and since there is no father figure, the children do their thing. There are parents who to compensate for not being at home, they give their children absolutely everything even the most absurd capricious ones, they comply with them as long as they are not disturbed and that is what Amy's parents and her friends have done, they have given them, and they have pleased them in everything so that they do not disturb them in anything. Because their parents have given them absolutely everything and spoiled them with trips and fine clothes, they have always known that a single capricious or spoiled thing on their part is enough for their parents to give them everything they want, and that Michael and his friends have been upset because that treatment did not seem fair. On the other hand, with Michael and with his friends, their parents have put all kinds of limits on them and taught them from the beginning what is right or wrong because they thought that in the not too distant future, they would be in command of their entire empire and not them. Both Michael's group of friends and Amy's group were experiencing all of this but separately. As Michael's group of friends try to understand their parents and why they act so overprotective towards them; Amy's group didn't get along with their parents, until they reached a point where the fights escalated fleetingly every day, this is because they have gotten used to getting away with it because their parents have gotten used to giving them absolutely everything they want and that implies not measuring the consequences or the damage they were causing their daughters by doing that. This is what Amy and her friends have used every time they wanted something and didn't have the means to get it, they have always used the weakness that their parents feel for them to always give them the best. And that bothered Michael and his friends: the simple fact of seeing how they were spoiled, made them capricious in everything and because they made them superficial. There are times when Amy's parents and those of her friends blame themselves for how their daughters have been raised because instead of doing them good, they have transformed them into monsters; something that is not pleasant for fathers or for any father to see that: that their daughters are mistreated by someone but deep down they know that it is something that they cannot change no matter how much they want to. On the other hand, it was not the same with Michael and his friends. They were really educated with good manners and good principles but the most important thing is that they were educated and humbly educated, thus preparing them to be in charge of all their parents' businesses. But from time to time, there were problems between them; due to, how they were all raised because they could not understand to what extent they were spoiled by their parents, fulfilling all kinds of whims. They could not conceive the idea that they not only had hearts, nor souls; but also, that they were bad to the point of leading people to death and that they were also despots. "Why are they spoiled? Don't you see that they are turning them into monsters? " Michael would tell them. "Keep it up and you'll see how those will get out of hand," Owen said. "Don't you see the damage that they are causing you? They are turning into cursed, spoiled bitches that no one, not even ourselves, can put up with," Jasper would tell them. Parents always excused themselves by saying: "But what should we do?" or "Remember something: before they were born, you had older sisters whom God took to be by your side and we could do nothing about it other than cry and resign ourselves; but then, you came and we felt strong and complete again; but above all, we got back together. After a year, her little sisters were born and we feel that God has given us a second chance with them, to make up for the mistakes we had made and have done. We know that perhaps this is not the way to have educated them but we did the best we could," their parents told them, trying to convince them of something that they themselves did not believe. They told them that every time they had problems with their children because of them, but deep down, they couldn't believe such a lie because deep down, they knew that indeed they are to blame for how their daughters are. The relationship between Michael and his friends with their parents is almost perfect until they bring up the subject of Amy and her friends and start fighting; the reason they fight is because it is difficult for both parties to be in each other's shoes. For example, Michael and his friends find it difficult to be in the place of their parents and they in the place of their children. They couldn't understand what their parents were saying to them, they found that conversation unusual. They knew that no matter what, their parents will always excuse Amy and her friends' behavior because they did not want to acknowledge that their children will always be right about the education they gave Amy and her friends; at the same time, they had to recognize that they have always been weak in the face of this and finally that they had to also recognize that they did not know how to educate their daughters and that the only way they had to calm down is by giving them everything they wanted and desired no matter how much. It would be expensive or impossible for them to comply with their whims.