Detour

[This one's longer than all the other chapters so please bear with me. But this also the smuttiest so enjoy:) ]

You woke up with a raging headache. You could barely even open your eyes, but when you did, you saw the last person you expected to see, then a wave of moments from last time came to mind. You sat up and folded your legs, hugging them. You scrunched the blanket closer to you. Ms Venable was sitting on a single chair looking at you.

"How did you sleep?" she asked calmly.

"I slept fine. Thank you."

She got up and disappeared into your kitchen. When she got back, she had a cup of coffee in her hand.

"Here. I hope you don't mind, I made myself some coffee when I woke up. This one is yours."

You took the cup and started sipping on it slowly.

"So... what are you doing here? And why were you so wasted last night?"

"Oh, that... I apologize for coming here last night in that state. I guess I just needed more courage to do the job."

Her statement surprised you. Ms Venable, scared? Of what? What did she needed to say that she had to get that drunk to be able to do it?

"Well, what is it?"

Ms Venable put both hands on her cane. Her position sooths authority and power, and yet she was here, lowering her guards, opening up to you.

"I did not have a good life growing up. I went from one foster home to another. I never had a clear vision of what love was, so I never knew how to give it, or how to acknowledge it when it's being given to me. People hated me for my appearance, my back. So I swore to myself that I'm gonna be someone someday. Someone with power, wealth, influence, and now I have that. But it's lonely up there. It's cold. But then you waltzed in with your oversized blue blazer, that relentless determination, and honesty... and--"

Ms Venable was interrupted by the tears that started flowing on her cheeks. She's crying, and she's not drunk. She really is showing a completely different side of herself.

"You ruined it. You ruined that frozen castle and you replaced it with golden rays and sunshine and all that, and I was scared. 'Cause for the first time, I did not know what to do. I did not know how to act. I've always admired you from afar. You're like this beautiful rose that I was so afraid to pick because you were too beautiful. And when I did, when I had you in my hand, I got too scared. What if I pollute you? What if I cause you to wither? What if you change because of me? What if I destroy you?"

Hearing all of these, you could not help but cry with her. Here, in front of you is the woman of your dreams, confessing her love, giving herself up whole heartedly, to YOU. So you stood up and walked to her, and knelt in front of her when you finally reached her chair. You took the cane away from her hands and laid it on your side. You held both her hands and pulled them closer to your face and kissed them stealthily. The back of her hand, and then her palm.

"I think I love you." You heard her say from above you.

You lifted your head and looked up to her. Your eyes full of love and adoration for the woman in front of you. This was all you've ever wanted. All those crazy cat-and-mouse games that you two played finally concluded to this.

"I've been in love with you for a long time, Ms Venable. I just never had the chance to tell you."

"Mina." she said.

You got a bit confused by her one word response.

"Call me Mina. I liked it when you called me that."