ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ

You landed flat on your tailbone, making you wince.

Where were you? Why was it so bright? It was nighttime, no? Your eyelids flutter open, blinking rapidly.

You were in an open prairie, with small hills and mountains galore. They sky was a beautiful blue and clouds draping over the bright sun.

You tired to stand up, wobbling a bit and crushing a few flowers.

Calm down there. You have no reason to be scared.

No reason?! You felt like screaming at the voice, but alas, you were too exhausted.

Go find a village and take refuge there.

You complied, and headed down the path. It compelled you. Your eyelids droop as you trudged across the soft grass.

What were you even wearing?

A tunic with your (f/c) scarf hanged lowly behind you. A satchel hanged from your shoulder to your waist, and some shorts. Under them was bandages. You had no shoes.

You were getting tired. Just walking had gotten harder. You looked ahead of you only to see the same place, butterfly's fluttering around.

This particular one was bigger than others, though. It was two times your size, making you squirm in discomfort.

You approached it, just for it to turn around.

W-What-? F-F-FACE-!

It had a face!

You dug your heels in the ground a began a heavy sprint. The pure adrenaline courses though your veins, making you run faster.

Don't look back!

Keep running!

😩💅 (Time skip emojis)

You reached the village, winded. God, why was that?! The adrenaline rush had gotten the better of your body, making you collapse.

"Are you okay, darlin?" A kind old woman had helped you on your feet.

You attempted to explain, but she had cut you off. "Darlin, what are you talkin' about?" She raised and eyebrow, "Surely all of that runnin' had gotten the better of you. Come eat some soup and calm down,"

You began to walk, digging the small rocks and pebbles out of you feet by dragging them along.

She took you to her stand, sitting you down on one of her wooden stools. She handed you a sharp bowl with spikes lined on the edges. You shloshed the soup around. Could you trust her?

Here goes nothing. You leveled it to your lips, taking a small sip. The simmering pale soup had burnt small bits of your tongue but other than that, it was heaven.

The amount of seasoning had a bit of spice to it, but the vegetables had toned it down by the slightest.

It gave you the slightest of your energy back, making you sigh contently.

"First one is on the house, but for you, you can have two extra. Must be hard traveln'" She smiled at you and gave you two more bowls.

You had no clue where to put them. They would spill in your bag immediately. Or would they?

You open your pouch, and as soon as you grab on of the bowls, it had shrank!. You tilted it to the side, and it had all magically stayed in the bowl.

You place them in your bag, and smiled.

"My name's Clara, what's yours darlin?"

"[Name]." She grinned. "A nice name for nice person,"

You blushed. This woman was too kind.

"Thank you for you hospitality, but I must be going,"

She held her hand to silence you. "It's my pleasure, darlin'"

You left the quiet stand to pursue your part. You walked around, talking to residents.

"Hello, there!" You turned around, only to find the mayor of the town.

You nod respectively, letting him talk. "I trust you've talked to the residents of the town?"

You nod again. "Wonderful, now-"

The ground began to crumble. He shrieked before holding his ground, trembling.

"W-Who goes there?!" He yelled.

The wonderful blue sky had melted into a dark purple, and the clouds a wispy black.

A figure had jumped infront of you, startling you. He was seemingly human. The only factor was his pitch black hair, covering one eye. He wore royal threads, a cyan tainting the sides.

He had looked at you, smiled, and began his speech.

"I am the Dark Lord! You will bow before me, as you are the dirt underneath my feet!" He looked at you and smiled wider.

"As to add misery to your everlasting pain, I will also do this!" He waved his hand and people's faces began

He was the one who put the face on the butterfly! This dream is getting weirder by the minute.

He had spinners as dissipated in the murky air. "O-Oh god! Can you help us, traveler?"

What? They expected you to help?

You backed out slowly as walked away. You couldn't. "Traveler!"

A voice of a woman has become closer to you, "Please save my child!" You sweat-dropped. You couldn't just ignore her. You nod sadly and she gasps in surprise.

"Thank you! Take this family heirloom!" She rushed it into your hands.

"Ma'am, I can't-" She quickly hushed you. "Nonsense. Now go!"

She pushed you out of town leaving you to an open prairie once again. Now to find the people's lost faces.

Hello, dear child!

The amulet bagan to glow, startling you once again. It had made its way out of your grasps and floated in front of you. Was it the same voice? "Hello?"

I am the amulet. Do defeat these monsters, you will need some help.

"Um, okay?" This dream was a bit of an oddball.

Will you help these poor people of Greenhorne, or will you stand by the sidelines?

Honestly, you didn't want to do this. But, what's the worst that could happen? It is just a dream.

"I will."

Good choice my child! Pick your job!

You were sucked into a golden place of wonderful and bright colors. Options had spread out before your eyes.

[Name] has became a Imp!

Your friend had always told you were the devil. Now, you truly are.

Time for you to start your adventure, reader.

Aye, thank for reading.

Have a good day/night!